• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Christmas Lunch?

More specifically, my sort of Brit as a true Yorkshireman.

Down in southern hemisphere it is pretty hard to make good yorkshire puddings. Substsitute the flour with 'strong flour' and avoid making on humid days. As mentioned, really really hot oil is essential.

Toad in the hole for me has always been sausage and yorkshire pudding. Two variants, either a sausage in each individual 'apple' sized yorkshire pudding, or alternatively a large rectangular yorkshire designed to share with several sauasages in that. But the first is the 'original'.
I’m so pleased to meet a true Yorkshireman.

What is “strong” flour? High gluten?

So humid days are a problem? Any idea how humid? I’m in south Florida. Outside can be 90%, but with air conditioning can get it down to, say, 60%.

Today, in the midst of the cold weather, we even have the heat on which drives it down more.

How hot is hot oil? I thought it was cooked under the lamb while roasting.

Bbq prawn and zucchini / haloumi for the veggie .

Hiding inside as sun a bit to full on for comfort.

20221225_142648.jpg

And a Merry Christmas to you too. That looks like a nice crispy batter on those fish.

I’m so pleased to meet a true Yorkshireman.

What is “strong” flour? High gluten?

So humid days are a problem? Any idea how humid? I’m in south Florida. Outside can be 90%, but with air conditioning can get it down to, say, 60%.

Today, in the midst of the cold weather, we even have the heat on which drives it down more.

How hot is hot oil? I thought it was cooked under the lamb while roasting.
So yes, high gluten flour, also sometimes sold as bread flour.

For the oil put the tray in the oven with a teaspoon of oil in each pudding/muffin well and leave until it's just started to smoke. then quickly grab the tray out, pour the batter and back into the oven.

And yes, lower humidity is better but the high gluten flour should negate the humidity issue

New Threads

Top Bottom