• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Can you recommend me some Punk Rock...?

Tankgirlboy77

So I've recently been going to the gym to burn off my excess of anxious energy (it works wonders btw) and so I've been getting back into music again having not listened much for a while. I've been making punk rock/hardcore playlists to listen to while working out because it really seems to go well and it motivates me to keep going.

Back in the day I was pretty strict in my taste in that I stuck pretty exclusively to old school punk from late 70s to mid 80s (the usual suspects like Clash, Ramones, Xray Spex, NY Dolls, Dead Kennedys etc), and dipping into postpunk (Joy Division, Slits etc) as well as anarcho/hardcore (Crass, Rudimentary Peni, Discharge etc). I've since tried to branch out into US Hardcore like Black Flag and Minor Threat etc.

I didn't really like the 90s US revival stuff because I was quite snobby about it (I wouldn't listen to blink182 or any of those kind of bands for example - i still wouldn't either!), but I've discovered two recent(ish) albums that are great for the gym and I'm really enjoying them (now that I'm no longer a teen so don't feel the need to rigidly define myself by the music i listen too! - i.e. i'm not quite as snobby as i once was): Distillers - Sing Sing Death House, and Gallows - Orchestra of Wolves.

I guess I'm asking if there are any punk fans out there (of any era or subgenre) who can recommend me some kick-ass albums/bands that you think I might like. I'm open to other genres in the same sort of flavour (i.e. straight-up, energetic, heavy rock 'n' roll), I'm comfortable with screamy angry hardcore but don't really like metal (sorry!).

Thanks in advance!

Bikini Kill, X-Ray Spex, Against Me!, Bratmobile, Youth Of Today, 7 Seconds, Gorilla Biscuits, GLOSS, Reagan Youth, Rotting Out, Punch, Turnstile, Refused, Rites Of Spring, Descendents, Jawbreaker, Rites Of Spring, Dag Nasty, The Muffs, Embrace, Texas Is The Reason, Mahria, I Hate Myself

(some of these are post-hardcore, hardcore, emocore, whatevercore... I'm trying not to list obvious ones like The Clash, Discharge etc)

Bikini Kill, X-Ray Spex, Against Me!, Bratmobile, Youth Of Today, 7 Seconds, Gorilla Biscuits, GLOSS, Reagan Youth, Rotting Out, Punch, Turnstile, Refused, Rites Of Spring, Descendents, Jawbreaker, Rites Of Spring, Dag Nasty, The Muffs, Embrace, Texas Is The Reason, Mahria, I Hate Myself

(some of these are post-hardcore, hardcore, emocore, whatevercore... I'm trying not to list obvious ones like The Clash, Discharge etc)

Wow, thanks that's quite a list! I've only heard of X-ray Spex (adore them) so I'll enjoy exploring the other ones.

New Threads

Top Bottom