• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Burnout Acknowledgement, the Cost, (TW: Mention of Self Harm)

Just wanted to say @Darkkin I think you've expressed in your post something that I have found hard to articulate very well, that I experience too.

I wish I could offer some advice, but I'm kinda still on the "working on it" stage when it comes to knowing what to do about it all.

Last couple of days have really knocked me sideways. I dunno, there's just too many arbitrary rules when it comes to discourse it seems when you try to explain to people you're "not ok".

I've found trying to talk about these things results in being told that you can express not being ok but you aren't allowed to use certain phrases or words lest you catch the ire of whomever claims to be listening.

I feel that your post made a huge amount of sense to me and was written brilliantly. I wish I had some solutions, but I can offer my empathy at least. I hope things get brighter soon.

New Threads

Top Bottom