• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Birding from the mouth of an Aspie... ;D

I like birdwatching. I wouldn't call it an obsession, but I do try to talk back to them when they call and sing. There's a certain bird which I have yet to identify, that makes a particular call in which I try to emulate in an attempt to get them to call back. They do, but I have no idea whether they are responding to me in particular. They make a call like "chirpity, chirpity, chirpity. Always three times and at regular intervals. I also feed them of course, all the birds I mean. My favorite birds to watch are Winter Wrens (I chop alot of wood during the cold season, this wood contains lots of grubs and such and the wrens will hop all over the pile picking grubs out). They look like smaller, yellowish, fuzzy tennis balls with stick legs and a beak. Cute little birds, and they hop around alot, makes them fun to watch. Crows are awesome as well, and their call is my favorite among all winged creatures. Such an intelligent bird too. Hummingbirds I have to mention of course, as well as bluejays and cardinals, the males in particular with their brilliant red coloring. On occasion I see orioles, and various finches I think they are. Here on the land I live on, we have a resident pair of nesting geese every year. At least I would assume they are the same pair. They have 6 baby geese, goslings I believe they are called, in which they are raising now. They've raised a brood here every year for the past 4 years. They walk around all the time in our field eating grasses and such and swim in our ponds. Come late summer though they all fly away until the next year. Our ponds are frequent stops for various other birds, to include mallard ducks, cranes or herons (not sure which) and of course large flocks of geese on occasion. I see woodpeckers often that are huge! Until I moved to the country, I had no idea that they get to 2 feet tall or so. I see buzzards alot, as well as red-tailed hawks. And last but not least, the bird that I dislike the most, which is Red-Winged Blackbirds. These live in the cattail's at the edge of a pond and will hover over and dive at me when I'm fishing.

New Threads

Top Bottom