• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Aumoe's Arrived!

Aumoe

I know I started that off like you all...probably know me, despite the fact that you most likely do not! I'm a 22 year old woman living in Illinois. I'm diagnosed as "on the spectrum", since I have traits of both Aspergers and actual autism, yet the diagnosis of which one isn't quite clear. I also do seek out social interaction which threw therapists off for quite some years! However, now they label me as "spectrum", though with my fits that I threw as a child at the drop of a hat, object flapping, and repetative "Shmog mog mog mog" that I enjoy sitting and doing, and rocking back and forth, I consider myself an autistic person who is able to function well enough, despite. Thus, I have labeled myself as "High Functioning Autism-Diagnosed".

I should also mention that I have ADHD, bipolar disorder, and Anxiety issues as well. Bipolar is terrible, and I would never wish it upon anyone! Even so, I feel I have learned to cope even with that with the help of meds. I'm often told that I am one of the most patient people others know, and that's something I never would have been told only two years ago. I also confuse people, since I lack maliciousness...completely. It's quite unpleasant, though, when someone thinks I am being malicious when in fact that are misinterpreting the fact that I am just socially inept...

Heh, I'm rambling, so I'll get on with my interests and conclude:

I love prehistory, I love animals and nature, anime, 80's music, and I even have met Cyndi Lauper three times! I'm still semi-in touch with her. I love the supernatural as well, so on and so forth. I love the show "Futurama", and I love imitating Zoidberg, whom I am told I do quite well at imitating. I'm a liberal Christian, and a convert from Judaism. I sing, and hope to become a professional musician.

Good to be here!

-Aumoe

It's true that bipolar is bad and Cyndi Lauper is good ; ]

I think you will enjoy it here so, welcome!

Erm...I keep looking, but I can't find why I can't post anywhere except for here....

-Aumoe

Top Bottom