• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Art tablets for digital art

mysterionz

oh hamburgers!
V.I.P Member
I currently draw on an iPad Pro 11 inch 3rd generation as my “art tablet”. I’ve been thinking about upgrading to a MacBook and a fancier drawing tablet, such as these three below. I’m willing to spend $300-600 (maybe $800 if the tablet is insanely good). What do you think? I’m interested in screen tablets (where it acts as a second monitor and you can see what you’re drawing). I’ve only ever used a Wacom tablet which I’m not interested in using as I got impatient with me using it as an 11 year old.

Attachments

• IMG_0687.png
    IMG_0687.png
    1 MB · Views: 28
Huron tablets usually go for $20 online, they're honestly just as good as the more pricey ones. I've had mine for maybe 3 years now and it's VERY fun to animate with. I....just wish I was better at animating.

Huron tablets usually go for $20 online, they're honestly just as good as the more pricey ones. I've had mine for maybe 3 years now and it's VERY fun to animate with. I....just wish I was better at animating.
Aren’t those just the non screen ones (you have to look up at your computer) to see what you’re drawing

Aren’t those just the non screen ones (you have to look up at your computer) to see what you’re drawing
At this point I want to save up as much $$$ as I can. I did find a $1500 one that’s kinda like an iPad in the sense that its like a second monitor to your computer.. or I could just go Huion. I’ve heard good things about their drawing tablets,

Attachments

• IMG_0688.png
    IMG_0688.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
XPpen tablets are rather good in my opinion! They use a different method to read the stylus to iPads etc. I have the Artist 12 I believe. I bought mine on AliExpress so you might find it cheaper on there or one of the larger ones. I saw one in a local shop used for £150 and it was huge, 16" screen I think.

Oh and! I highly recommend getting a good quality stand to go with your graphics tablet! I didn't factor this into my budget so I have a thrifty wooden box easel which works quite well, but definitely budget for something better as the cable that runs to your computer is at risk of damage when you hold it in your hands. Not that you can't do so if you choose to of course, but it is a big investment at the end of the day! :)

I currently draw on an iPad Pro 11 inch 3rd generation as my “art tablet”. I’ve been thinking about upgrading to a MacBook and a fancier drawing tablet, such as these three below. I’m willing to spend $300-600 (maybe $800 if the tablet is insanely good). What do you think? I’m interested in screen tablets (where it acts as a second monitor and you can see what you’re drawing). I’ve only ever used a Wacom tablet which I’m not interested in using as I got impatient with me using it as an 11 year old.
I have a similar situation, I got a simple Wacom when I was 12 and never used it :p Rn I'm happy using iPad G4 and Apple Pencil. Upgrade if you feel like it, go for what you feel like ^^

I use a Huion Kamvas tablet and I believe it was in the $300 to $400 range when I got it in 2020.

New Threads

Top Bottom