• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Are you right, left or both handed?

Are you right, left, or both handed?

• Right handed

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Left handed

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Ambidextrous

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
Technically ambidextrous (and this was confirmed by some quantitative assessment of some tasks I did in neuropsych testing in the 90s). But, I favor writing with my right. I can write pretty well with my left, though. I don't think I have the same control using the left if drawing. Maybe that would come with repeated use.

I'm right-handed, as was my mother. My dad was ambidextrous, though there's some question if he was truly my biological father or not.
That last part of your comment is fascinating. I have a friend whose mother, when dying, recently told him his dad was not his dad and that so-and-so was his dad. The so-and-so was a family friend who was very nice and took him out on trips and activities. The dad he thought was his dad was a real retched jerk - and he was shocked but satisfied that dad was not really dad. And it explained why his small, wiry "dad" looked nothing like him, while this other guy did.

Not a straight forward answer...

Short answer - handedness = left

But:

I write with my left
Brush my teeth with my right
Field sports with my left
Bat sports with my right
I eat right handed (fork in left, knife in right)
Shoot basketball left handed
Dribble basketball right handed
Kick a ball right handed
Thread a needle right handed

So... A bit of both. A psychiatrist told me that this is because my brain is cross lateralized.

New Threads

Top Bottom