• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone on Meds???

I have been placed on many medications. Zyprexa (developed for use in schizophrenia) was forced in me for my "manic-depressive disorder" commonly known as bi-polar. I would estimate during my childhood, I was on 15 or more different meds (not all at once lol). I should have gotten a paycheck for being a test subject. At the age of 24 I am now on Adderall 20mg twice a day for having been diagnosed as ADD/HD. Adderall made me feel amazing at first, it felt like I was normal for the first time in my life. I was able to don't things other people wanted me to do, such mai.tain a job, stay organized, I had no fear when socializing. I knew that I was finally "cured", ha. After about 7 months my body built a resistance to this effect, so I was left socially inept once again. It eventually led to being fired after 1 year and 6 months of working for a company (longest stint I ever achieved) I was fired for "being zoned out" they made other excuses as needed such as poor quality of work (I was a mechanic) I never once had a car not work as intended after I finished it. My mistake was "throwing my service manger under the bus". Well..if you chose to ignore me when I tell you the brake parts are defective I most certainly will. I had proof and he refused to do anything about it, so, I told the customer which was a frequnt customer, she always came out to the shop to chat with me whike I worked. She was a very sweet older lady. Because I did the obvious "right" thing here, I was seen from that day forth as an outsider. (Quite detrimental when you work from commision and the people up front decide how wokr is handed out) . Oh, the day he fired me was the same day I found out my wife was pregnant with our second child. What are the odds? Lol Anyways..I stray off point toi much..I am sorry. I am still forced to take adderall until I can lower my dose enough to minize the mental and psychical withdrawal. I was fed near the equivalent of crystalmet on false pretenses that suggest I had add. I doubt I will ever really trust a doctor again at this point.

Last edited:
Got a new one this Monday, Circadin (it's melatonin) and I think it helps me sleep a little, but it's geting to light to early now so that wake me up anyway.
Otherwise I'm still on the same meds, Strattera and Voxra form my ADHD symptoms and Theralen for my anxiety.

I'm on a few (though it's much less than before.) Note: I'm also overly sensitive to the side effects often listed as rare. I was told to stop reading any list of side effects for meds because my then-psychiatrist thought it might be psychosomatic (it wasn't.)

Currently on: Adderall, Ambien 10 mg (instant release), Ambien 12.5 mg (extended), abilify 15 mg and of course, my benzodiazepine, clonazepam (Klonopin.) I've been on benzos for 9+ years and have finally transitioned to klonopin since I had a habit of just abruptly stopping the alprazolam(Xanax) and/or the lorazepam(Ativan.) Needless to say, it was a bad idea...the benzo withdrawal is not a thing I recommend.

I am now on trazadone instead of the doxepin which apparently stopped working all of a sudden.

I've been on a broad spectrum of psych meds too. Most recently I manage to get them down to just Seroquel for sleep since I tend to have wicked insomnia and poor/light sleep. I opted for Valerian Root instead of anxiety medication since no one will prescribe benzos any more and they were the only meds that worked for me. Right now though I'm on nothing due to pregnancy. I'm so ready to get back to my regular meds, too. Especially Seroquel. I miss the deep, undisturbed sleep it brought me.

I've been on a broad spectrum of psych meds too. Most recently I manage to get them down to just Seroquel for sleep since I tend to have wicked insomnia and poor/light sleep. I opted for Valerian Root instead of anxiety medication since no one will prescribe benzos any more and they were the only meds that worked for me. Right now though I'm on nothing due to pregnancy. I'm so ready to get back to my regular meds, too. Especially Seroquel. I miss the deep, undisturbed sleep it brought me.

I also have bad bouts of insomnia. I was awake for about three days straight recently until last night when the trazadone finally kicked in.
I hope you get some restful sleep tonight.

Luvox 200 mg for OCD
Trazodone 50 mg for insomnia and depression
Klonopin 1mg for anxiety and OCD
Lamictal for recently diagnosed bipolar and hypomania (I think the Lamictal is helping me too)

Just stopped taking Abilify for depression(weight gain outweighed the benefits)
My psychi doc started me with 100mg twice a day of luvox for ocd, its been 13 days now and instead of stopping it it is making it worse. Oh and the weight gain. I had to stop taking topamax because it intervened with luvox.

Feel for ya... I've been on so many drugs over the past years and never felt right taking them. I removed the medication from my life and feel more alive (dr bout overdosed me on Depakote) . Sure I still melt down and can't be in public very long but what helps me the most is road biking.

5HTP and GABA work for me. I also find that pot really helps. I just have to be careful what strain I smoke. Indicas often make me feel like ripping my wrists open. But seriously, if the guy who introduced me to pot told me he was Jesus, I'd believe him. That's how much weed has improved my life.

New Threads

Top Bottom