• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone ever heard of copic markers?

Dillon

FD54841E-E1F5-4E62-A335-CC541122043A.jpeg
12BEFB66-3660-4C93-8945-39E8B33611C5.jpeg
so I had recently got a pack of copic markers which was expensive of course but I was wondering if anyone else has ever used them or heard of them. This is one or two the things I recently done.

Your drawings are good Dillon. And I have used copic markers at one point. Know that they are refillable, which is a good thing. Instead of throwing them away after they dry out. I've mainly used sakura or micron markers in drawing, which like copic is another japanese brand marker. They make very good markers, you've chosen well.
Did you know that there is also such a thing as marker paper? It prevents the markers from bleeding through to the other side of the paper, and it has a slick surface so that the marker nibs don't wear down as easily or snag on the paper. I tend to use illustration board for markers or just regular printer paper most of the time.

IMG_0531.JPG
yes but I like water colour pencils mainly do 3-D decoupage now as above .
sketching is too painful .

I read your title incorrectly at first as 'Coptic' markers and was imagining icons and illuminations. :D
copticpainting13_000.jpg

Which brand do you use out of interest? I currently use Ohuhu for mine but finding one or two have dried out already which is a pain in the butt for certain things like hair colour and skin tones.

Which brand do you use out of interest? I currently use Ohuhu for mine but finding one or two have dried out already which is a pain in the butt for certain things like hair colour and skin tones.
What you could do is buy woodless watercolour pencils ,they wouldn't dry out ,all the markers you were talking about are alcohol and alcohol dries things out.

I use the Copic ciao too brand for when I’m doing anime type drawings. I’ve had them for 7 months now and they have not dried out at all and work really well. for black and white graphite drawings I use the artist loft brand which is my favorite brand to use.

The type of Paper Is important. For copic and graphite drawings I’ve been using Bristol smooth paper. Using card stock paper makes the market bleed through a lot and makes the graphite drawings look grainy. Printer paper is the worse to use.

I have copics and I like them but I also use others aswell,I have the cheap bic Mark it pens and they are surprisingly good for the price and the colours they come in are not bad though they are not as expansive in variety as copic,I also have a few sets of the chameleon pens and I like them aswell though you need to get the hang of how to use the gradient effect I still think the ink in them are really nice and smooth and I like how you can dilute the colours in them.

One of the most appealing features of Copic markers is their versatility, which includes consistent strokes and a wide range of line widths. These markers are notable for their replaceable nib designs, despite the fact that they primarily use bullet and chisel nibs.

I think I've heard of them, yes. I could have bought some cheap knockoff ones of Amazon, like 100 colours set. I would probably never even use them, or even open the box. So thought better of it.

Never used actual Copic markers, but I used to use their Multiliner pens all the time. I also have brushes in Sketchbook Pro that mimic Copic markers, even though I know they are not close to the same as the real thing.

The price of the Copic marker is far higher than that of its rival brands, but if you examine more closely, you will see why. These markers contain replacement nibs and refillable ink, which means that with proper care, they might last a lifetime.

New Threads

Top Bottom