• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Anyone else following soccer?

yes! WM and Euro. Just watching Italy - England now (Forza italia), sorry England, usually for you in most matches otherwise. I love watching good soccer, especially enjoy womens soccer, such great games!

Sorry England, I know how you feel now. Lived that feeling 3 years ago when Croatia lost the WC final. Usually, I have nothing against you, just that Sterling dive made me a bit angry because I found it unfair. Also, I think it wasn't a smart decision from Southgate to place 21 yo and 19 yo for the last two penalties.

Sorry England, I know how you feel now. Lived that feeling 3 years ago when Croatia lost the WC final. Usually, I have nothing against you, just that Sterling dive made me a bit angry because I found it unfair. Also, I think it wasn't a smart decision from Southgate to place 21 yo and 19 yo for the last two penalties.

I never watched the match myself - just went back and forth between the adverts while I was watching Open All Hours.
Honestly, penalties just seem to be the biggest curse for England's football team; if an England Match goes to penalties, the majority of people pretty much accept that England is going to lose at that point.

Heck, earlier today, I was walking to the shops and heard a bunch of young lads talking about the upcoming final game - with one of the group saying he would keep watching if it went to Extra Time but would turn the game off if it went to penalties.

Last edited:
It never came home.

Sad household tonight. Well sad husband at least.

I never watched the match myself - just went back and forth between the adverts while I was watching Open All Hours.
Honestly, penalties just seem to be the biggest curse for England's football team; if an England Match goes to penalties, the majority of people pretty much accept that England is going to lose at that point.

Heck, earlier today, I was walking to the shops and heard a bunch of young lads talking about the upcoming final game - with one of the group saying he would keep watching if it went to Extra Time but would turn the game off if it went to penalties.
Yes, I know penalties are your curse. I think your win on penalties against Colombia was the only ever on major tounament.

I follow soccer only when the World Championship occurs, and there are interesting matches between the teams. And every time I cheer for France, it's good that she won her title in 2018, and then I was very happy about it. I'm already waiting for the next World soccer championship. I'll be rooting for France again, maybe even for England. My favorite players play there, for example, Mbappe and others. By the way, I have heard that many professional football players use steroids that increase their endurance and strength. Is it true, what do you think? Maybe they use sarms, although as far as I know, this supplement is not prohibited.

Last edited:
The great world cup is behind us and another big Croatian success. Croatia seems to be great at penalties, to the difference to England. Morocco was a complete sensation this year, eliminating Spain and Portugal.

The great world cup is behind us and another big Croatian success. Croatia seems to be great at penalties, to the difference to England. Morocco was a complete sensation this year, eliminating Spain and Portugal.
Best world cup in my opinion and the first time since 94 that a team I supported in the tournament won.

Best world cup in my opinion and the first time since 94 that a team I supported in the tournament won.
So, you supported Brasil in 1994, but not in 2002?
This year Brasil was a better team than Croatia most of the match, but we passed on our mental strength, Brasilian lack of concentration after having a lead and fantastic goalkeeper Dominik Livaković.

I have also supported Argentina in the final despite their a bit unfair win against Croatia (that penalty for Argentina shouldn't have been a penalty) I have supported them because France already has a title from 4 years ago and because Messi really deserves that title, also I think it has solved the 15-year question: Is Messi better than Ronaldo? Answer: Yes

Yep, I supported Spain in 02. I chop and change for various reasons. I'm glad Croatia beat Brazil since I'm not a big fan of Neymar. I think Brazil would be better without him. I support Barca so I've always loved Messi. I'm glad he won the world cup, finally. To me he was always better than Ronaldo, but I guess now it can't be disputed.

It was a "soft penalty" against Croatia. We see too much of that in football today. Your country really does punch above its weight when it comes to the world cup. What was your team of the tournament?

Yep, I supported Spain in 02. I chop and change for various reasons. I'm glad Croatia beat Brazil since I'm not a big fan of Neymar. I think Brazil would be better without him. I support Barca so I've always loved Messi. I'm glad he won the world cup, finally. To me he was always better than Ronaldo, but I guess now it can't be disputed.

It was a "soft penalty" against Croatia. We see too much of that in football today. Your country really does punch above its weight when it comes to the world cup. What was your team of the tournament?
Yes, we really are great not only in football but in sports generally compared to the population. Croatia is around place 120 in the countries list by population (now it is 3,8 million, used to be 4,8 million at better times). At the Olympic games, we are regularly between 20th and 30th place in the medal standings. Generally, the most popular sport is football, then handball, and then basketball, Waterpolo, tennis and alpine skiing. Also, many people follow formula 1 despite not having our people here.

My team of the tournament? Not sure about all positions, but I would surely place Livaković, Modrić, Gvardiol, Messi and Mbappe and I think Gvardiol deserves a young player award, not Fernandez. Messi really deserves to be the best player in the tournament.

Yes, we really are great not only in football but in sports generally compared to the population. Croatia is around place 120 in the countries list by population (now it is 3,8 million, used to be 4,8 million at better times). At the Olympic games, we are regularly between 20th and 30th place in the medal standings. Generally, the most popular sport is football, then handball, and then basketball, Waterpolo, tennis and alpine skiing. Also, many people follow formula 1 despite not having our people here.

My team of the tournament? Not sure about all positions, but I would surely place Livaković, Modrić, Gvardiol, Messi and Mbappe and I think Gvardiol deserves a young player award, not Fernandez. Messi really deserves to be the best player in the tournament.

My team would be:
GK Martinez
RB Hakimi
LB Sosa
CB Saiss
CB Gvardiol
M Mac Allister
M Modric
M Amrabat
F Mbappe
F Gakpo
F Messi

Do you follow club football?

I could never comprehend or have the need to follow soccer world cups. FIFA this and that. I just played soccer on daily bases, whenever I could join one of teams playing. Sometimes played until red in a face and cannot feel the legs. Wasn't great soccer player at all. Only cared about the game. Sadly , last time I played I was 23 years old.

I definitely loooove soccer! I'm sad that the Fifa World Cup 2022 had to end, but as I know, it couldn't last forever! What an interesting and exciting World Cup! I like a lot of teams, but I was happy Argentina won the World Cup!!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom