• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Americana

Keith

I love Americana. I find classical America fascinating. Little red schoolhouses, barber shops with tricolored poles, tin and wooden toys seen from the toy shop window, pop guns. I just love it.

That's a pretty cool fascination. :p You'd like where I live - in a small town in the Appalachian mountains. Our barber shop does have a red and white pole, and there actually is (or was? I think it's still there) a red brick schoolhouse (no longer used as such, obviously) up the road. :)

I'm assuming you live in the USA yourself?

Keith, you been watching one too many American Pickers Tv shows?? Or Rick's restoration?? love them shows,

I wonder if you have thought to go to second hand stores or to antiques archeology to buy or look at the finds that Mike and Frank drag into the Nashville and the Iowa stores, from the TV shows. glad you like the classic ole American toys and heritage,

as for the barber poles and schoolhouses, there was one schoolhouse (still standing and not in use as anything now) in another township its white, as for the barber poles, not that I noticed, and even then, they are the kind that do not spin.

1) Yes, I live in the United States, California actually (the New New World, :p)
2) Yes, I am a fan of American Restoration, and occasionally American Pickers
3) My mom likes to go to antique stores and it's interesting to see some of the twentieth century memorabilia.

I do enjoy a segment or two when Rick fully restores an old Coke machine. :cool:

I wouldn't mind having one in my living room. :D

New Threads

Top Bottom