• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Am I a pervert for thinking this is cute?

No. Its anime and I'd wager just from watching 30 seconds of the trailer its designed that way. But it looks too well animated to be a total fan-service anime either. Its just girls and military stuff are stereotypically guy things. If you said it was hot that'd be a little weird but cute, sure. Its anime.

Well, the physical and technical accuracy of all the tanks looked quite good. Some of the paint schemes were a bit unique though. :p

Though I doubt Germany's Bundeswehr would appreciate their markings on AFVs of the Nazi era. That's a little perverted IMO...lol. Can't tell if they are trying to be compliant about certain European laws banning the display of certain political icons or if they were mocking such laws. It's the sort of thing that can irk model makers like myself when political correctness prevents the use of accurate markings.

All of that mixed with anime seemed a little bizarre, but whatever floats your boat. Maybe this appeals to the cult comic Tank Girl crowd...

Last edited:
A pervert? I saw nothing in this clip that I would have considered racy, even by anime standards (I've seen some weird sh*t in my time).

A pervert? I saw nothing in this clip that I would have considered racy, even by anime standards (I've seen some weird sh*t in my time).
Little Girls blowing things up is acceptable? YAY! I need a cheap way to watch Anime by the way?

Little Girls blowing things up is acceptable? YAY! I need a cheap way to watch Anime by the way?

What's "acceptable" and in what context?

I don't follow anime at all, however my immediate impression was that this was intended for adults- not children. A form of satire, particularly given the meticulous efforts of the artists in accurately rendering armored fighting vehicles of another era. Why would anyone go to such an effort that would be utterly wasted on children?

The one animated series I watch consistently as an adult has been "Futurama". Rich with adult humor that likely goes right over the heads of most children.

I suppose it all really comes down to who the target market really is for this sort of thing. IMO I don't think this was intended for kids as much as adults. Of course that doesn't alter the reality that children often have Internet access to countless forms of material they really shouldn't be seeing in the first place.

In a context of whatever constitutes "acceptability" I think accessibility is a greater concern than content.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom