• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Alternate dimensions

Garrett

Theres a theory that there are limitless configurations of possible timeline outcomes (and that they all exist on separate plaines of existence). Do you think people can slip between them accidentally?

I suppose it could be an extrapolation of the Many-Worlds Interpretation of quantum theory...While I think it'd be totally badass to do so, I'm not sure the laws of physics allow for it.

Theres a theory that there are limitless configurations of possible timeline outcomes (and that they all exist on separate plaines of existence). Do you think people can slip between them accidentally?

Slip? No. Slide? Hmmmmm. Now there's an idea. :cool:

200px-Sliders2.JPG

The multiverse theory says that any kind of contact between bubbleverses would cause both to come to an end immediately. If they contact each other, they implode. Other support of the idea that alternate timelines for the universe cannot encounter each other is that the value of hbar, the quantum value for energy as it is usually discussed in theories of time-travel and teleportation, would be far too high for transport between universes to occur. Quantum tunneling is witnessed on a molecular scale, but it is not well understood.
To be perfectly honest with you though I have no idea.

..every time i think about alternate dimensions/time-space i get headaches (~.~) to many possibilities & probablities

HG Wells wrote many great stories, one of which if I remember correctly was "From pillar to post", which addresses this sort of thing :)

I've just finished reading "From Eternity to Here" which hits right up the centre lane of this topic. Wyv recommended it to me, and if you fancy a mind bending journey into this sort of stuff then I recommend the book, along with plenty of refreshing tea! :D

In a movie, yes. Otherwise, I doubt it.

The multiverse theory says that any kind of contact between bubbleverses would cause both to come to an end immediately. If they contact each other, they implode. Other support of the idea that alternate timelines for the universe cannot encounter each other is that the value of hbar, the quantum value for energy as it is usually discussed in theories of time-travel and teleportation, would be far too high for transport between universes to occur. Quantum tunneling is witnessed on a molecular scale, but it is not well understood.
To be perfectly honest with you though I have no idea.

Do you have a reference for the bolded? I've never heard such a thing, so I'm curious where you found that.

Dragonwolf, I believe the reference belongs to Michio Kaku. I saw the bubbleverse-collision discussion on one of his TV specials.
(As you have probably gathered, I just shoved a whole bunch of "multiverse" and "string theory" stuff together though)

New Threads

Top Bottom