• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Acrylic Painting

Rocco

Wandering Trainwreck
V.I.P Member
I started painting in May of 2014. I was obsessed with San Narciso, a song by a wonderful group named Faded Paper Figures
Here is where the special interest began with left over paint supplies

Since this I have become rather into bright colors, contrast and lighting.

I love watching the progression. Almost puts me in a trance, I could watch that all day. I remember when I was a kid I never watched cartoons, I liked watching Bob Ross paint landscapes on PBS. It was like unwrapping a present watching it all unfold. I always wanted to draw or do art but I'm absolutely horrible with it. I envy everyone with the talent. :)

I always felt I could not paint. I was terrible as a kid and in an attempt about four years ago. I started just making colors on cheap canvas and simple work, then watched a few youtube videos. I wouldn't say I am talented, but I practice a lot! They had a special coupon and a sale today at Michaels craft store. I bought about 60 Blank stretched canvasses this weekend. And some quality paint. There are classes at most michaels stores for about $10-25 per class.

I always felt I could not paint. I was terrible as a kid and in an attempt about four years ago. I started just making colors on cheap canvas and simple work, then watched a few youtube videos. I wouldn't say I am talented, but I practice a lot! They had a special coupon and a sale today at Michaels craft store. I bought about 60 Blank stretched canvasses this weekend. And some quality paint. There are classes at most michaels stores for about $10-25 per class.
I'm going to disagree with you and say you are talented. Other people on here loves your work too.

:ocean:Lol. Thank you. ;)
I appreciate the compliments. I'm glad my art therapy is liked by folks. I'm rather shy about it, but I love doing it and sharing it with my brothers and sisters in the Autism communities.

This is me teaching a small class/ paint party with my three kids and their friends. Viva acrylics

Oh wow, you are even teaching it, that's just brilliant and so kind of you!
I love your art, and I am sure the kids take away a lot from your lessons.

New Threads

Top Bottom