• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

A special interest in the apocalypse

What worries me a bit, speaking about that proverbial resetbutton. I read a few articles the other day how we've depleted so many natural resources now, we're past a point of no return, meaning that IF we would go back to square one for whatever reason, we wouldn't even have enough resources to reach the technological age we've achieved now...

This may be the most depressing thing I've ever read. If that's true (and it does sound reasonable), every day is the farthest we can possibly come.

This may be the most depressing thing I've ever read. If that's true (and it does sound reasonable), every day is the farthest we can possibly come.

Unfortunately, King Oni is correct. We have past a certain point of no return when it comes to pollution and the destruction of our natural environment :-/

most of the dreams i had as a child were apocalypse based. either some form of natural disaster, a demonic type of thing, or zombies (with some vampires and such here and there but not often)
today.. i don't dream much, but i'll say about 50% are still related to destruction and the end of the world..... far too often i end up injured or dieing.. and it hurts like a mofo

honestly, when i walk in a building, ontop of just taking in the atmosphere (and now trying to date and price everything i see lol... antique dealer) i also try to figure out the best way to secure the building using what is there and what could be used as easy weapons

also... if you haven't seen the movie "idiocracy"... you might want to watch it. it's considered a comedy, but at this point it's more like a documentary from the future

most of the dreams i had as a child were apocalypse based. either some form of natural disaster, a demonic type of thing, or zombies (with some vampires and such here and there but not often)
today.. i don't dream much, but i'll say about 50% are still related to destruction and the end of the world..... far too often i end up injured or dieing.. and it hurts like a mofo

honestly, when i walk in a building, ontop of just taking in the atmosphere (and now trying to date and price everything i see lol... antique dealer) i also try to figure out the best way to secure the building using what is there and what could be used as easy weapons

also... if you haven't seen the movie "idiocracy"... you might want to watch it. it's considered a comedy, but at this point it's more like a documentary from the future

Idiocracy is a scary harbinger of things to come. The movie is eerily, prophetically accurate.

I'm the oldest of 7. So I can survive on very little. I'm very resourceful. I can hunt, skin, and cook just about anything. Everything gets used, nothing wasted.I know how to can & dehydrate stuff. I know how to fix just about anything you can think of. I can sew, knit, crèche, make my own clothes etc. I firmly belive if we all drive mad max style vehicles and are all packing heat, everyone would be ALOT nicer to each other. My truck is mad maxed out as I can legally at this point. (still needs spikes welded onto the bumpers and a machine gun mounted to the hood to be just right):) I have a train horn mounted under the hood. Nothing says "I'm here" like a blast of the train horn! I also have aircraft landing lights mounted behind the grill. So I have low beams, high beams AND F'u beams. I also have a PA system.....

Last edited:
An interest in the apocalypse, end of the world, and total anarchy sometimes swells up in me, too. Has since I was about 16 and saw a TV show about the end of the world. I especially love songs about the end of the world (or other terrible events), ESPECIALLY if they're sang in a really upbeat and happy way (try "99 Red Balloons").

you might like Ben Folds Five - Underground (not exactly apocolyptic but it has a tone to it and is upbeat)

Apocalyptic reading and survival/prepping is an interest of mine as well. I've read a TON of both fictional as well as practical survival books on the subject. I've even managed to get a few publishers to send me books to review for them, which I enjoy doing.

I've always been interested in the end times and how it may come about. It would certainly make the TV news a lot more interesting.
I get the feeling though that something is indeed about to happen. The world wide economy is about to collapse 100 times worse than in 2008 and the sh*t really is going to hit the fan.
The world is full of arseholes and the herd needs to be thinned out. Just watch the X Factor or Britain's Got Talent and you'll understand. Too many stupid people out there that want to be celebrities.

My bug out bag is packed!

I often think it might be a good idea to have a bug out bag myself. The immediate danger is a market collapse that makes the crash of 1929 look like a mere recession by comparison. I'm starting think about an entire plan.

In fact, in the case of civil unrest, the last place you want to be is in an urbanized area.

I've got a funny feeling that when this one hits any day now that it is going to lead to social carnage very quickly.Something like Greece x1000 for the UK and U.S.

I've got a funny feeling that when this one hits any day now that it is going to lead to social carnage very quickly.Something like Greece x1000 for the UK and U.S.
Well, there remains some questions if there is indeed a collapse of the economy and society:

1) Will the Armed Forces side with the people or a corrupt government?

2) Will Law Enforcement side with the people?

If we're going to have anarchy, I'd much rather have it through a natural disaster because it would be swift and sudden, leaving emergency responders caught with their proverbial pants down. A slower economic decline means there will be time to plan.

If we sensed this was going to happen and bugged out too early, there is a chance of arrest if occupying state and federal parks and forests while the government is still intact. Incarceration would make it infinitly harder to escape chaos.

This is a fun exercise to ponder.

The armed forces and police would no doubt side with the government at the beginning until they realised that their own family and friends were starving and suffering too. Then they would probably wake up and start siding with the people.

It wouldnt take long before anarchy ensued if the economy collapsed. Remember that all the supermarkets work on a just in time strategy for keeping all their shelves stocked with food so if the **** hit the fan then all the shops would be empty in two days. Cue hungry bad people doing bad stuff first, Then normal usually law abiding hungry citizens next.

It can all fall apart very very quickly

The armed forces and police would no doubt side with the government at the beginning until they realised that their own family and friends were starving and suffering too. Then they would probably wake up and start siding with the people.

It wouldnt take long before anarchy ensued if the economy collapsed. Remember that all the supermarkets work on a just in time strategy for keeping all their shelves stocked with food so if the **** hit the fan then all the shops would be empty in two days. Cue hungry bad people doing bad stuff first, Then normal usually law abiding hungry citizens next.

It can all fall apart very very quickly
It's an interesting concept to think about. In reality, we're pretty far away from this happening. I'm not an alarmist.

New Threads

Top Bottom