• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

5 Tips for Safe Holiday Travel With Pets

It is nice that people do that more than they used to. Did a lot of pet-sitting and dog-walking when I lived in the city. Brought my own dog and a friends with us for years on camping and or cabin renting holidays.

Even brought the cats when we rented cabins and holiday homes. My eldest cat Charlie, was diabetic, so he traveled with us everywhere for many years. I always asked about the ability to bring a pet when I rented a room or cabin, most owners didn't seem to mind.

Once I was traveling with my dog, through a canadian province along the coast, and worried that I wouldn't be able to find a motel or hotel that would permit him in the room. Once or twice I've snuck the dog in when the hotel didn't accept pets, or I would sleep with him in the back of the jeep. Always made certain that he slept on his own bed with a blanket that he liked, so that people who were allergic to animals wouldn't rent the room afterwards and become ill.

The small motel I stumbled upon along the way accepted pets, one of the first one's I've encountered. While talking with the owners, I discovered that it was part of a network of pet friendly places that had been in existence for many years.

That's a bit risky as dogs can bark at any time, but I suppose you know your pet more than anyone else. Quiet ones are good for sneaking in. :)

I've not had a proper holiday in years or had a pet in years! :(

It is nice people are thinking more about their pets. I'd be afraid to sneak in my dog, I fear she'd soil the rug.

New Threads

Top Bottom