- Temple Grandin PH.D
- Book Type:
In this innovative book, Dr. Temple Grandin gets down to the REAL issues of autism, the ones parents, teachers, and individuals on the spectrum face every day. Temple offers helpful do’s and don’ts, practical strategies, and try-it-now tips, all based on her “insider” perspective and a great deal of research. These are just some of the specific topics Temple delves into:
- How and Why People with Autism Think Differently
- Economical Early Intervention Programs that Work
- How Sensory Sensitivities Affect Learning
- Behaviors Caused by a Disability vs. Just Bad Behaviors
- Teaching People with Autism to Live in an Unpredictable World
- Alternative Medicine vs. Conventional Medicine
- Employment Ideas for Adults with Autism
This revised and expanded edition contains revisions based on the most current autism research, as well as 14 additional articles including:
- The Role of Genetics and Environmental Factors in Causing Autism
- Understanding the Mind of a Nonverbal Person with Autism
- Finding Mentors and Appropriate Colleges
Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
- Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
- Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
- Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
- Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral
The Way I See It Revised & Expanded 2nd Edition 2nd Edition
A Personal Look at Autism & Aspergers's