• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

So yeah...

Incredible.Pie

New here. Just thought It'd be nice to join some kinda social thing with people who are similar to me. Anyways, I'm Pie. I live in the United States, in California. I'm seventeen, and am self-diagnosed with Asperger's (don't tell any insurance companies that!). I'm pretty well-adjusted, I think, for someone with Asperger's, but I wouldn't know because I'm the only one I know of around my neighborhood with AS. I've never been officially diagnosed with Asperger's, although I have seen a therapist for panic disorders, sleeplessness, social anxiety, and pretty much whatever else comes with the disorder. Honestly I'm wondering why my therapist didn't come to the conclusion herself, or if she did she certainly didn't mention it. But I don't know... maybe she wasn't a good therapist. :p

I border on agoraphobia. I go out, but not until I've taken a decent dose of Xanax if I plan to be around anybody. I don't leave the house for weeks and a time, if I can help it (I'm on an independent study course at my school) and when I do go out about nine times out of ten I have a nasty panic attack. Oh, and the reason I'm not officially diagnosed yet is because I don't want to do that before I turn 18 and before I get health insurance. Insurance companies would look for anything they can to raise your prices, and I'm not exactly rich. But once I get settled I plan on seeking a formal diagnoses. But anyways, I'm absolutely certain I have AS. I'm not a poser, I promise. ;)

So now with all that Asperger stuff out of the way, I'm your typical computer nerd. Spent my life around computers and am about to enter a gov't job involving tech support, which would be pretty sweet. I also love writing fiction, although I tend to write more morbid things. It's fun to tie that morbidity into my school papers to frighten my teacher. It's not like I get some sort of sick pleasure out of writing in that way, it's just in that area that ideas float most freely to me.

I also like to read, and I've been trying to learn guitar off and on for about two years now. To be honest I haven't gotten too far. I just don't have to motivation, I don't think.

Um... I believe that's all the irrelevant details about my life. So hello.

New Threads

Top Bottom