• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

R.I.P. Angela Lansbury.

Gerald Wilgus

V.I.P Member
Sad that she is no longer with us. I saw her in 1979 playing Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd by Sondheim. What a talent! I leave you with "A Little Priest."

My parents used to watch Murder She Wrote. I only know her from there. Recently they played the old seasons of Murder She Wrote again on TV. They were actually pretty good. Much better than a lot of programs on TV today.

For me, I always remember her from Bedknobs and Broomsticks.
When it came to Disney movies that mixed live-action with animation, I consider it a strong second to Mary Poppins, while the song Angela's character of Miss Eglantine Price sings is one that I still know off by heart:

The Age of Not Believing

She was a major talent and a very kind, decent person. I think of many of her performances: the maid in Gaslight, the creepy mother in Manchurian Candidate, the clever sleuth in Murder She Wrote, the elderly mother who deals with her problematic children in The Shellseekers, and so many others. I'll miss her.

(For some reason, I can't use italics in this post for the names of the shows and movies.)

TCM is having a movie marathon of her work on November 21.

New Threads

Top Bottom