• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Phobia

People have mentioned needles, I used to be utterly terrified of needles but getting my COVID shots (and two booster shots) have made me lose that fear because they don't hurt as much as they used to.
My COVID shots were administered in an empty department store, which still had some of the old fixtures with brand names. It was like a vision of our decaying future. For some reason they were playing "Gimme Shelter" by The Rolling Stones while this happened. "It's just a shot away!"

I’m terrified of balloons/fireworks going off, taxidermy, portapottys, female bodybuilders, scorpions, and having my apartment being “too clean.” The taxidermy phobia is pretty bad as I will refuse to enter any rooms with a stuffed animal if it is easily seen. I had a meltdown during my sophomore biology class one day because that year’s senior prank was moving around all of the taxidermy models in the classroom and putting them where they don’t belong and they attached the turtle right above my seat and I saw it and I started to scream pretty badly and hyperventilating that I had to leave the room. It was really awful because that thing had its neck stretched fully upwards and so that horrible thing was basically staring directly into my eyes. Sometimes when I close my eyes I still see that thing staring at me....

The taxidermy phobia is pretty bad as I will refuse to enter any rooms with a stuffed animal if it is easily seen.
When I was little, my younger sister had a child-sized kitchen set. Its fake frozen, intact fish freaked me out in the same fashion.

I am not opposed to eating meat, but I am still grossed out by the butchering process.

What is everyone’s phobias? Mine is thalassophobia which is the fear of the ocean. There is still so much information we do not know about the ocean. We know more about space than the ocean which is scary. Also, the deeper you go the creepier the creatures get. They look like aliens.

Arachnophobia is another one because I hate spiders. Spiders give me the creeps and make me want to run away with fear. I like other bugs such as earthworms, butterflies, ladybugs, caterpillars, dragonflies, beetles, etc. Spiders are my worst enemy I feel as if they are looking into my soul with all their eyes.
What is everyone’s phobias? Mine is thalassophobia which is the fear of the ocean. There is still so much information we do not know about the ocean. We know more about space than the ocean which is scary. Also, the deeper you go the creepier the creatures get. They look like aliens.

Arachnophobia is another one because I hate spiders. Spiders give me the creeps and make me want to run away with fear. I like other bugs such as earthworms, butterflies, ladybugs, caterpillars, dragonflies, beetles, etc. Spiders are my worst enemy I feel as if they are looking into my soul with all their eyes.

Deep water, shouting, bright lights, being statred at. My favorite is the fear of someone being behind me. Like...standing too close in line at Target. Or standing near me while I am sitting down.

I have phobias of heights, cockroaches, and escalators.

Yes, escalators.

I am seriously terrified of them because I'm always worried one of two things will happen whenever I have to take one either going up or going down: if I'm going up, I'm afraid I'm going to trip and fall at the top and get hurt. If I'm going down, I'm afraid I'm going to lose my balance and fall down the escalator and get hurt. I will be holding onto that railing for dear life and internally panicking about what might happen on those accursed moving stairs.
I used to think the escalator would grab my feet and drag me into the machinery and crush me.

When I was little, my younger sister had a child-sized kitchen set. Its fake frozen, intact fish freaked me out in the same fashion.

I am not opposed to eating meat, but I am still grossed out by the butchering process.
That’s just it. I’m perfectly fine with whole fish that is to be cooked as I’m used to it from my grandma preparing and cooking fish this way and I don’t have an aversion towards any roadkill or animals that have been hunted. I just am terrified of taxidermy and I e never really liked it that much. My abuser actually bought me some taxidermy animal head when I was twelve and it freaked me out but I pretended to like it because she said it was expensive to get. She then made me touch it which creeped me out. I was so glad when her ex decided that he liked that thing and kept it for himself.

Probably childish but I have always been scared of thunder and lightning. The loudness, the flash, the fact that it can take away your electricity, the damage it can do to trees. It's such an awful thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom