• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New here, hi all

adelaideman29

Hi all i'm 29 but i was disagnoised when i was 14 and ran from anything called asperger didn't wont to here it
niether did my dad so that help.later i found that running from who you are isn't a good thing and it will come to hurt you 10 times. but that later.
i had many friends growing up in school every year all my friends would leave me at the last day of school this didn't just happen once but four times in four years in year 4 5 6 and 7. throw the school hoildays my family and I went to my grand parents house to stay the hoildays so i wasn't alone i had my brothers i got two of them both are 3 years apart from me one is younger and one is older.
when high school came along i was scared. I thought just don't care what they think of you and believe me i took that to a new leave making friends was the hardest thing i could do i wasn't sure how to do make friends so i just started sitting infront of agroup of people while we had morning tea and lunch and they did not like it at all they kept telling me to f*** off and while are you sitting here don't you have any friends so i told them no i don't
they didn't care and kept saying piss off f*** off we don't want to hang out with you. but after a few weeks they warm up to me alittle they were jurks but one. And him i got close to i mange to make another friend he like me for the fact that i didn't care what people thought. At this time people saw that i was differant and kept calling me things just trying to tease me and get under my skin to off site this i would just tease them back i kept my moto don't care what they think and say it seems to works i had two friends and we all started hanging at school and out of it i was fiting in and it was good i had girlfriends i even got a job pushing trollys in the stores at my shopping centre after school and weekends high school had it's ups and down i got abit dark in the later years of it and started taking drugs and drinking i even went to schhol alittle drunk once i think i was crying for help.
i didn't realy know who i was i just seem to be a copy of my friends. anyway my friends left high at years 11 and so did I one of them wanted me to move in with him and his girlfriend so i did and thats when things changed for the worse for some reason as soon as I moved in a started acting strange and odd i couldn't talk to them and they couldn't talk to me when i went into a room people would get quick and i would leave so they ask me to leave but my family life was so broken and they have had anoth of me that i couldn't move back home one morning as i woke up i heard my two friend say "his must be retarded or somthing i don't care what he is i just want him out"
that moment hurt so much i felt that the two friends asking me to move in would never abandoned me only to find out that they did as well.
Well i moved out and into aplace by myself i had no furinture what so ever i had someones bed someones t.v someone streo nolthing was mine well i fell into a dispression kept alone must of my days i felt regetted be everyone i didn't even have a frige people.
well somehow i found some stuff one asperger syndrome and remember that is what i got, so i read all about asperger
and everything about it was speaking to me this is why i acted like that and this is why i do this I found a answer to they way i was is was freeing but i hated knowing i had asperger i though i was retarded just like me friend said
anyway the next five years i went on a journay to get to know me and life is better now.
so what i learnt was never to run from yourself

Hi all i'm 29 but i was disagnoised when i was 14 and ran from anything called asperger didn't wont to here it
niether did my dad so that help.later i found that running from who you are isn't a good thing and it will come to hurt you 10 times. but that later.
i had many friends growing up in school every year all my friends would leave me at the last day of school this didn't just happen once but four times in four years in year 4 5 6 and 7. throw the school hoildays my family and I went to my grand parents house to stay the hoildays so i wasn't alone i had my brothers i got two of them both are 3 years apart from me one is younger and one is older.
when high school came along i was scared. I thought just don't care what they think of you and believe me i took that to a new leave making friends was the hardest thing i could do i wasn't sure how to do make friends so i just started sitting infront of agroup of people while we had morning tea and lunch and they did not like it at all they kept telling me to f*** off and while are you sitting here don't you have any friends so i told them no i don't
they didn't care and kept saying piss off f*** off we don't want to hang out with you. but after a few weeks they warm up to me alittle they were jurks but one. And him i got close to i mange to make another friend he like me for the fact that i didn't care what people thought. At this time people saw that i was differant and kept calling me things just trying to tease me and get under my skin to off site this i would just tease them back i kept my moto don't care what they think and say it seems to works i had two friends and we all started hanging at school and out of it i was fiting in and it was good i had girlfriends i even got a job pushing trollys in the stores at my shopping centre after school and weekends high school had it's ups and down i got abit dark in the later years of it and started taking drugs and drinking i even went to schhol alittle drunk once i think i was crying for help.
i didn't realy know who i was i just seem to be a copy of my friends. anyway my friends left high at years 11 and so did I one of them wanted me to move in with him and his girlfriend so i did and thats when things changed for the worse for some reason as soon as I moved in a started acting strange and odd i couldn't talk to them and they couldn't talk to me when i went into a room people would get quick and i would leave so they ask me to leave but my family life was so broken and they have had anoth of me that i couldn't move back home one morning as i woke up i heard my two friend say "his must be retarded or somthing i don't care what he is i just want him out"
that moment hurt so much i felt that the two friends asking me to move in would never abandoned me only to find out that they did as well.
Well i moved out and into aplace by myself i had no furinture what so ever i had someones bed someones t.v someone streo nolthing was mine well i fell into a dispression kept alone must of my days i felt regetted be everyone i didn't even have a frige people.
well somehow i found some stuff one asperger syndrome and remember that is what i got, so i read all about asperger
and everything about it was speaking to me this is why i acted like that and this is why i do this I found a answer to they way i was is was freeing but i hated knowing i had asperger i though i was retarded just like me friend said
anyway the next five years i went on a journay to get to know me and life is better now.
so what i learnt was never to run from yourself
alot of spelling error sorry about that

Welcome to the forums, cold! I understood most of the message. It sounds like you've had a pretty... *very* tough experience in life so far, I hope things are looking better for you now, like you mentioned. Do you still have many issue's with yourself or are things -much- better? :)

Great story, told from the heart. The spelling errors didn't make it any less so.

I had a couple of schoolteachers assume that I was retarded. My 1st grade teacher made me go and get tested to see if I belonged in a special school. Lots of people through my life have thought that I am not too bright. You are not alone there. Don't let ignorant people get you down.

The good thing about AS is that the symptoms do diminish over time. In my case they have diminished a great deal, to the extent now that the symptoms are more of an annoyance, rather than something that makes me a dysfunctional and miserable person like I used to be. Hang in there, life will get better, your best years are ahead of you.

New Threads

Top Bottom