• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

I'm new..

I'm happy to greet you here on Aspergic.com forums. :)

Have you published any books?

So what sort of traits have you got, I would be able to identify if you have the symptoms or not.
If you do happen to have the diagnosis, how would you feel about it?

Greetings and welcome to Aspergic forums! Please, enjoy your time here.

P.S: Your avatar is so cute!

Hi!

I haven't published any books yet. I am working on some papers I may publish though!

I have a lot of traits. I've always felt different, ever since I was a child. I've pretty much been suffering and dealing with being different my entire life. My parents were just too stupid and ignorant to realize I needed help. Some of the traits I have is difficulty having a social life. I simply cannot make friends. I find the entire concept of friends confusing, and I'm unable to really have a conversation with anyone. I don't understand "small talk", and I often misinterpret what people mean, especially sarcasm. I remember having difficulties going back to the third grade with this; I've always been a loner.

I have special interests. Right now it's anthropology and computers. When I was a child I used to have collections of stuff, rocks in particular. I would put them in different baggies and classify them lol. I like to know how things work. I used to take electronics apart as a kid. That's what my parents would buy me instead of toys haha, old electronics.

Sounds really bother me. Unexpected sounds, persistent sounds, especially sounds you can barely here at a really low frequency. It irritates me and causes a lot of anxiety. When people knock on my door, or cough and sneeze loudly, it makes me so angry. I really just want to hit them.

I develop routines and habits, and I get very anxious when I'm forced to break or change them. I always have to drive on specific roads to class for example. I only eat certain foods. I have to do things in a specific order, such as getting dressed, or it really bothers me.

I pretty much fail to have any emotional reciprocity, even with my own family. I simply hate hugging, shaking hands, or anything else that requires physical contact. My vocabulary is very limited when speaking. I tend to say the same things repeatedly when in similar situations.

I made a list once, or tried to, of all the autistic like traits I possibly have. Starting from when I was a child until now, and the list came around 30 pages before I finally just stopped and gave up. :p

I would really like to have the official diagnosis. I would be able to actually get help then, specifically with school.
The chances are that you are most likely an aspie since most of it describes the symptoms.
There is a 30% chance you could just have the traits, but I cannot guarantee you that I'm correct on this.

If you're from the UK, I think it would be free to get a diagnosis.

What would be the difference between having the traits and having aspergers?

Also, I wish I lived in the UK. Here in America, to be diagnosed by a neuropsychologist, it can cost anywhere between $4000 and $6000. It's insane.
WOW! Just WOW!

The differences is with the traits is that it's not really so severe and you have little of the symptoms and having aspergers you would have most or some of the symptoms you have.
It may vary on the person you are and what experience you have been through.

New Threads

Top Bottom