• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hurricane Ian

I am in WA state. The opposite corner of the country. I hated living in Florida when I lived there for half a year, but I do not wish this upon them. I have some extended family down there.
Washington state is beautiful. I was lucky to spend some time there.

I love Anna Marie Island. One of the few islands not covered with sky scraper condos.

I am inland, but predictions have veered further in my direction. I’ll have to call for help with the plywood. I’m just kidding myself that I could do it myself.

Likely will lose power at some point, which also cuts off our water. But I have plenty of water stored up, and am able to purify water. I have batteries, flashlights, medicines.

I’m glad I’m not in Tampa area where there are mandatory evacuations. I worry about all the people closer to the coast.

I have four out of 14 windows covered, except that the plywood doesn't cover the entire window, so I have to go back and put in smaller pieces at the top. I figured get the main ones done first. Never know when the weather or my energy will go south.

I love Anna Marie Island. One of the few islands not covered with sky scraper condos.

I am inland, but predictions have veered further in my direction. I’ll have to call for help with the plywood. I’m just kidding myself that I could do it myself.

Likely will lose power at some point, which also cuts off our water. But I have plenty of water stored up, and am able to purify water. I have batteries, flashlights, medicines.

I’m glad I’m not in Tampa area where there are mandatory evacuations. I worry about all the people closer to the coast.

Get ready for it, @WhitewaterWoman. You know the drill! All of us who are often in harm's way from Mother Nature know what to do.

Somethings I always have on hand when we are threatened with a loss of electricity for long periods of time are hard cheeses and dried, hard salami or sausages, and crackers. They do not require refrigeration. A full tank of gas in the car because gas pumps don't work without electricity. Cash in small bills and coins because cash registers and usually computers don't work without electricity. A couple decks of cards, board games, jigsaw puzzles, and good books to entertain yourself and any children. If your water doesn't work without electricity (we don't have that issue), then fill up the bathtub or other large containers so you can flush the toilet by pouring water in the tank.

I'm worried about everyone in the path of this storm. Stay safe!

We are veterans of several hurricanes. All supplies are in place. Drinking water stored and also have water purifier on hand. Composting toilet uses no water. No children

The main concern for me is putting up the plywood over the windows because my husband is gone and I am doing it alone. However, I’ve got the hang of it now and should be able to finish God willing and the crick done rise.

My sister-in-law and her husband have boarded up their house, cleaned out the garage so they can fit all their cars inside it, and are now trying to decide if they should fly, as planned, to Alaska on Monday for a wedding. They risk wind damage; no concern about storm surge because they live inland from the coast. I told them I'd definitely go to Alaska and eat some king crab if I had the choice!

New Threads

Top Bottom