• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi from CosmicGerbil

It's 'Bring me to Life' you're thinking of that has the male vocals, Carl. :p So there be no call upon my cords for the duty. :D

Haha, I like the video of Willow with her brother on YouTube. Chuck does the male vocals while Willow is singing the actual song. Love it!

Benjimanbreeg, I love Metallica, they are one of my fave bands \m/ League Girl, thanks for the welcome :) I want to hear the Evanescence song cover too :) I made a YouTube vid...it is a slideshow of pictures of Metallica and Megadeth and I am playing keyboard on it. It isn't very good though. Lol Carl, that makes sense about the harmonicas...so you have, say, one in C and one in D and so on.? If you can get flats and sharps too, you could have 12 different harmonicas :D Sorry that you are feeling down at the moment...that sucks :( Hope that you feel better soon dude. Lol, I would like to hear a metal song on folk instruments, that would be so cool :)

Thanks :) Oh, you can get way more than 12 lol! One company (Seydel) offer some models of harmonica in over 220 different tunings!!!! High tunings, low tunings, even low low tunings :D And that's just the diatonic ones; there are also tremelo, chromatic, octave, chord and bass harmonicas!

Hm, I thought there was more than one Evanescence song with the male vocals. Or am I thinking of Lacuna Coil? Possibly, similar sound, only German and slightly darker. So if Chris isn't singing, in what capacity will he be contributing to the cover? Instruments?

Lol Carl, you need that many harmonicas :p If they make enough, you could get 365, one to play for each day of the year :D And Benjiminbreeg, my fave Metallica album is Master of Puppets, but I like all of them really :)

Meh. I saw 'tallica live in Manchester last year, woop. :) Was one helluva show.

Welcome to Aspergic.com :D

A nice place to be with all the positive vibes and this site is fairly new and also i'm very new to this site too :)
and already i feel this is definitely a home for me :lol:

I want to see Metallica live too! I have seen lots of bands, but not Metallica yet. Why did you sleep through part of their set Carl, were they on really late? Or was it hot and the heat made you sleepy? I always get sleepy when I am hot. My friend Kevon told me that at Plymouth Pavillions, if it gets too hot in the hall, the roof rolls back to act as a kind of thermostat. I want that to happen when I am there; it would be funny XD Thanks for the welcome too Superb Oyian :)

And me too. :thumbsup:

@Cosmic Gerbil: er, well, I had a backstage pass, got introduced to a bunch of folk from the press (friends of an aquaintance) and got stoned off my face and fell asleep. They had very strong weed. Woke up with my face in a plate of cold pasta. Nice. But the rest of the set was awesome; drifting around in the crowd, still high as a kite, marvelling at the huge bonfires and trying to headbang as I walked without falling over. Oh, and not to forget the foolish grin stretched across my face which elicited quite a number of chuckles. Hmm, good times.

Thanks for the welcome Mike, yeah, I really like metal :) I am pleased to see that there are so many people here who like it too :) Ahh, that sucks that you fell asleep cos of the weed Carl. I would love to be high and see the fires though :D

Sorry, overlooked this part of your post ages ago.
Hm, I thought there was more than one Evanescence song with the male vocals. Or am I thinking of Lacuna Coil? Possibly, similar sound, only German and slightly darker. So if Chris isn't singing, in what capacity will he be contributing to the cover? Instruments?

Nope, just the one with obvious male vocals. Lacuna coil do have a male vocallist - they're Italian btw, not German. :p

The cover is essentially a remake of the song, so i'll be doing the guitars, bass, MIDI drums (through addictive drums or ezdrummer (with dfh) haven't decided yet), mixing and recording the whole thing. :p

New Threads

Top Bottom