• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hello

andrew720

My name is Andrew and I'm an adult male currently undergoing a diagnosis. I currently have a 'working diagnosis' for autism but have to be tested for any possible physical causes so they can be ruled out. The psychiatrist diagnosising me is confident though that the autism diagnosis is correct and that I am on the higher functioning end of the spectrum, possibly asperger syndrom.

My name is Andrew and I'm an adult male currently undergoing a diagnosis. I currently have a 'working diagnosis' for autism but have to be tested for any possible physical causes so they can be ruled out. The psychiatrist diagnosising me is confident though that the autism diagnosis is correct and that I am on the higher functioning end of the spectrum, possibly asperger syndrom.
Hi Andrew, welcome to the forum!

The diagnosis stage can be tough but it sounds like they are doing a good job to be honest. They didn't rule out things with me, to start with they just said I was depressed, and because of my age they put it down to hormones etc. Then they settled for a mental illness (but they didn't know which one). It was only when I mentioned AS (because my brother is diagnosed with it and I drew similarities) that they started the diagnostic process.

Willow

Welcome to the forums, i hope your diagnostic process goes more smoothly than a lot of the ones i've heard about! It sounds like your psychiatrist will get you the right result though. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom