• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

30yo PDD-NOS here.

Brownbeard

I was never very good at introductions. Let's get this over with.

I'm a 30-year-old married man living in eastern Oregon. I work from home part-time as an online math tutor for tutor.com, as that's pretty much my only marketable skill. (I tried going for a master's degree in education after earning my B.S. in mathematics, but washed out during the practicum. The workload was too much for me to handle.)

I didn't start talking until I was 3 years old with the help of some intensive speech therapy. The psychiatric community's understanding of autism was even more limited back then than it is now, so I didn't get diagnosed with PDD-NOS until I was in high school. I've never really known how to deal with my wonderfully vague condition and have been muddling through life ever since. Can't complain too much, I guess -- I know I've made out better than many.

I spend most of my free time cruising the internet, playing computer games (I'm currently obsessed with the roguelike genre), and watching Netflix with my loving bipolar wife. She has several autistic relatives and probably has a touch of it herself, so we understand each other pretty well. My limited appetite for non-marital face-to-face social interaction is quite easily satisfied by visits to my local hobby store, which runs a weekly board and card game night.

I look forward to lurking here and dropping the occasional wall of text when the mood strikes.

New Threads

Top Bottom