• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

ZOOM Group For Autistic/Asperger's Adults. Meets 3X Week

Arman Khodaei

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. If it is not, please move it.

Anyway, just wanted to say I have been hosting an autism/Asperger's group aimed at adults for 12 years now. Because of Covid, we are now meeting on ZOOM three times a week, and I would like to extend an invitation out to anyone that might be interested.

I have also started a parent group where parents ask questions from other autistic people. I also have a Speed Friending Event coming up at the end of the month and a Dating & Sexuality workshop in September. This is all in addition to our regular Wednesday discussion group and Saturday Social Activities Group.

For more details, please check out my group and share with anyone you may think is interested. Thank you and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Link to group: https://www.meetup.com/empoweringautism/

I'm not on Meetup website at all (don't have an account), but might be interested... Where I live it's not full scale quarantine, but I do live on my own, which has been one of the big challenges of Covid for me

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. If it is not, please move it.

Anyway, just wanted to say I have been hosting an autism/Asperger's group aimed at adults for 12 years now. Because of Covid, we are now meeting on ZOOM three times a week, and I would like to extend an invitation out to anyone that might be interested.

I have also started a parent group where parents ask questions from other autistic people. I also have a Speed Friending Event coming up at the end of the month and a Dating & Sexuality workshop in September. This is all in addition to our regular Wednesday discussion group and Saturday Social Activities Group.

For more details, please check out my group and share with anyone you may think is interested. Thank you and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Link to group: https://www.meetup.com/empoweringautism/

I will try to check out the discussion group tomorrow night. Thanks for the invite!

I'm in, but not sure if I'll speak much since I can't really speak English... though practicing is exactly what I should be doing

"ZOOM"?

I've been on the internet since there's been an internet, and I dont think I've even once heard of that.

"ZOOM"?

I've been on the internet since there's been an internet, and I dont think I've even once heard of that.

Online conferencing... Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing

I think few people had heard about it prior to Covid, myself included, it was mostly used by people in business settings...

When you aren't allowed to even go two blocks to see someone (Covid), it's a quick way to teleconference, works well with multiple people

It's another way to connect with people through web cam, lots of club meetings are starting to to use, one friend switched his weekly in-person coffee gathering with friends to Zoom when things locked down... I'm on the executive of a club, every meeting since March has been on Zoom, so everyone meets from home with their computer... And a study group in our church went on Zoom...

Last edited:
"ZOOM"?

Since COVID a lot of schools have been using Zoom. I used it just once. It has advantages and disadvantages, it's good for group sessions, but only gives you 40 minutes free before it asks you to pay.

Since COVID a lot of schools have been using Zoom. I used it just once. It has advantages and disadvantages, it's good for group sessions, but only gives you 40 minutes free before it asks you to pay.
No worries. I am on a payment subscription to make sure things last longer than 40 minutes.

Online conferencing... Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing

I think few people had heard about it prior to Covid, myself included, it was mostly used by people in business settings...

When you aren't allowed to even go two blocks to see someone (Covid), it's a quick way to teleconference, works well with multiple people

It's another way to connect with people through web cam, lots of club meetings are starting to to use, one friend switched his weekly in-person coffee gathering with friends to Zoom when things locked down... I'm on the executive of a club, every meeting since March has been on Zoom, so everyone meets from home with their computer... And a study group in our church went on Zoom...

Ahh.... that sort of thing.

I'll admit, I'll never understand it. I've always used things like text messengers (such as AIM, back when that was around, or Steam's chat system) and forums to talk to people online, I dont understand the need to look at whoever I'm talking to. I can understand them just fine without seeing their nose bob up and down as they talk. All this video chat stuff that everyone is so into these days is totally over my head.

Probably for the best though.

I'll admit, I'll never understand it. I've always used things like text messengers (such as AIM, back when that was around, or Steam's chat system) and forums to talk to people online, I dont understand the need to look at whoever I'm talking to. I can understand them just fine without seeing their nose bob up and down as they talk. All this video chat stuff that everyone is so into these days is totally over my head.

I'm not into Zoom that much either, I would personally prefer face to face, or even just a phone call

Zoom is good for group meetings, as Progster noted above... For our camera club executive when Covid hit Zoom (or anything else like it) became necessary, we couldn't go to someone's house to have the meeting in-person because of restrictions... Even the first two meetings of the upcoming year will be large Zoom meetings, possibly up to 100 people, but for those the administrator mutes every microphone except the speaker...

On the plus side :D you get to see the inside of people's homes

It depends of the purpose. My university uses zoom to stream lectures, and what we see is the slides of the powerpoint.

I'm not a fan of video chat for 1-1 conversation, but I think it's okay for group meetings.

New Threads

Top Bottom