• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

YouTube's ads just tried to scare me into thinking God is not happy, And It Kinda worked

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Not the best time to have already smoked a delta 8! I am sooooo bad at timing!

"Seven events coming"... Mom and my little sister are always telling me these articles and ads are FAKE. They are FAKE and FABRICATED. And now I need another preroll because Youtube is apparently run by the illumanti or something!

Somebody tell me this isn't really happening, and that was only meant to scare me and nothing more. Please tell me that is rational and true. Somebody. PLEASE?!

I had already told youtube to stop recommending it to me... But the thumbnail was the earth burning and a message about god.

Not cool, YouTube. Stop trying to scare people to literal death for real.

No not really--Youtube just SUCKS in general for Christian content. It attracts nutjob religiosity.

The "you might also like" algorithms on not only Youtube but Facebook and the rest seem to deliberately steer end users to increasingly outrageous and extreme content. Heck, Facebook corporate even did tests with its own algorithms and found that they took a test profile that was, say, center-right leaning and kept steering it to progressively more extreme hard right content, including content expressly against Facebook TOS like Nazi and anti-Jew and Qanon related conspiracy content. It's bad enough when you're sober, but toking semi-synthetic cannabis extracts while being confronted with some of the stuff the algorithms toss at you makes it that much worse. The frayed edge of religion that can pop up on Youtube is bonkers under normal circumstances, with cities consumed by flames and the screams of the damned through cheap laptop speakers and then exhorting you to join their cult to be SAVED FROM HELL because of course TIME IS SHORT JESUS IS COMING SO BE READY!!!!!!!! Advice: either get stoned OR watch Youtube. Never do both at the same time.

You sound delusional.

Well i'm sorry if i sound delusional but i didn't ask to see that ad on my feed! I've seen things that have almost come true before. I know what I saw. You may not have seen these things yourself but if somebody here is freaking out about it, there must be a good reason, wouldn't there be?

I don't believe anything I read online unless it's backed by rock solid evidence. I've looked into all that conspiracy stuff because my brother is obsessed with it, and they don't have evidence, no real evidence for much of anything.

Seriously never saw that kind of ad on YouTube. Course I steer clear of most politics and religion. Unless it's like skinwalker ranch. Or impossible I got saved by a miracle story. Best one was the pregnant woman who got stuck in a blizzard after her car died she went for help. Close to giving birth she got lost in the woods. Cold and unable to move. She passed out and when she woke up again a pack of wolves were surrounding her. No I wasn't involved. Anyway they kept her warm and protected she gave birth. Baby was healthy. And both survived. Found by rescuers. The wolves departing just before they arrived. They survived. Look it up on YouTube.

Anyway Uberscout. Relax. Look up something nice.

@UberScout We all get told lots of untruths, partial truths, unsupported facts, etc., etc., all the time and it goes on our entire lives. So, either ignore the people (feed) that you do not agree with, or get used to your emotional reactions being under constant siege.
Lots of people are constantly upset by what all those other people are saying.
It’s been happening since humans came to be lol.

Here’s a cartoon from the New Yorker. ;)

FC97BA8D-E057-4657-9006-794DB9166C49.jpeg

You sound delusional.

Uh, no, he's just stoned on semi-synthetic cannabis (Delta-8 cannabis is an extract from CBD oil which is the non-psychoactive part of the plant, but labs manipulate it to give it psychoactivity) while paying too much attention to the videos that Youtube's algorithms says he "might also like".

Thinking about one day animating a show on Bible verses with wolves. For fun. Good idea? Bad idea? Looking for feed back on that.

I would probably be the wrong person to ask on that subject; I'm fairly limited in TV/movie consumption. I watch way too many videos of pipe organs & steam trains on YouTube and didn't like kids shows on the Bible while growing up. Matter of fact I still don't like children's TV.

But-- What kills kids' TV is a patronizing attitude coupled with that Hello-fellow-kids styling. I don't know what age range you're going for.

If I was doing it I'd make it for a little bit older kids & instead of specifically making it look biblical (which often creates a disaster of, eh, apocalyptic proportions) I'd suggest doing it with telling original stories with original characters, and using whatever themes you wanted to from the bible to work into the lives of these characters. This has two advantages; wolves aren't often portrayed as heroic creatures in the Bible (as the Hebrews valued keeping flocks of prey animals) and your audience will appreciate being treated like they have an imagination.

But then again I'm not involved in kids' media & don't know what makes it good or not.

I would probably be the wrong person to ask on that subject; I'm fairly limited in TV/movie consumption. I watch way too many videos of pipe organs & steam trains on YouTube and didn't like kids shows on the Bible while growing up. Matter of fact I still don't like children's TV.

But-- What kills kids' TV is a patronizing attitude coupled with that Hello-fellow-kids styling. I don't know what age range you're going for.

If I was doing it I'd make it for a little bit older kids & instead of specifically making it look biblical (which often creates a disaster of, eh, apocalyptic proportions) I'd suggest doing it with telling original stories with original characters, and using whatever themes you wanted to from the bible to work into the lives of these characters. This has two advantages; wolves aren't often portrayed as heroic creatures in the Bible (as the Hebrews valued keeping flocks of prey animals) and your audience will appreciate being treated like they have an imagination.

But then again I'm not involved in kids' media & don't know what makes it good or not.

See that was helpful. I agree with most of your points.
I was planning to do original work using life situations with different characters. In different situations. Working out names and backgrounds. In a blueprint kinda of way.

Last edited:
Ahem. Sucessful people dont get high and loaf around. Fafsa application done yet? New housing moving forward? Pack of unruly heathens to play with? Did any art today? Besides everyone knows that when you are high you are supposed to ________, _________, and ________.

Love you uber, have an awesome day, hopefully while you are,
Filing out job applications, looking at apartments and making new friends at art shows.....

You Tube is like a slice of the world.
You will find any and everything that people believe, want to push, try to change and hope it will
affect you towards their way of thinking.

I skip the ads, but, if I do see them, pay them no attention really.
Yes, you can not let them affect you emotionally. That's what I do.
I use You Tube mostly for music.

Not the best time to have already smoked a delta 8! I am sooooo bad at timing!

"Seven events coming"... Mom and my little sister are always telling me these articles and ads are FAKE. They are FAKE and FABRICATED. And now I need another preroll because Youtube is apparently run by the illumanti or something!

Somebody tell me this isn't really happening, and that was only meant to scare me and nothing more. Please tell me that is rational and true. Somebody. PLEASE?!
You are getting these because YouTube's algorithms have analyzed the previous activity on the computer and determined you'd be a good prospect for them. Sounds like they scored a hit.

They want to scare you. If you were to pursue these ads far enough, there will be someone asking for money.

New Threads

Top Bottom