• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your shopping wishlist?

grapesicles

I think there was a similar thread a while ago but I can't find it anywhere!

What are you all planning to buy in the near future? Or what's on your shopping wishlist at the moment? It can be anything from mundane things like snacks and underwear, or bigger & more exciting things!

I recently cleared out my wardrobe and it's looking a bit bare, so despite having plenty of clothes already, there are quite a few things I have my eye on..

image1xxl.jpg

1. This outfit! Not sure if the colours would look horrible on me or not & whether I'd have many occasions t wear it, but it's damn adorable & I'm seriously considering it once they have a size 12 top in stock..

2. Tall light blue jeggings because they're comfy & more appropriate for spring & summer than my collection of 3 black pairs.

014.jpg

3. Something involving lots of Mini Eggs, because I'm mildly addicted. Probably another giant bag of mini eggs, but this cake though.

What's on your shopping wishlist? Anything you're lusting over at the moment, or planning to pick up soon?

I've wanted a better turntable for a while. This is at the top of my list the very day that finances allow.

Just out of curiosity I was looking at turntables the other day. Fascinating to see how they now incorporate the ability to transfer to MP3 format using a USB device.

Right now I'm looking at office chairs for my workstation. Almost got suckered into extreme style over comfort. But sitting here for hours at a time...style is liable to chaff my hide. Literally! :D

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity I was looking at turntables the other day. Fascinating to see how they now incorporate the ability to transfer to MP3 format using a USB device.

Right now I'm looking at office chairs for my workstation. Almost got suckered into extreme style over comfort. But sitting here for hours at a time...style is liable to chaff my hide. Literally! :D
I'm looking into chairs too! This one is old and dilapidated and won't work properly anymore and was never very comfortable to begin with.

Re: Turntables and MP3, yes, there are many of them that do that. I tend to avoid them, as I prefer simplicity, which makes it easier to find higher-quality stuff for less money. Plus, I already have the equipment to record from LPs if I so desire (which I rarely do, haha). It can be quite useful if you have, say, a limited-edition vinyl-only pressing of a newer band's single/B-side (a lot of them are doing that these days), or if you don't want to buy CDs or MP3's of stuff you already own on vinyl.

I'm looking into chairs too! This one is old and dilapidated and won't work properly anymore and was never very comfortable to begin with.

I hear ya. The cushion just isn't there anymore on this chair and the gas can't keep the piston elevated to the right seat height. Time for a new chair. I love those leather and chrome Eurostyle "Eames" styles chairs you see on tv a lot, but despite their appearance their comfort seems lacking.

I may settle for one I saw at Sam's Club.....considerably less but comfortable.

True Innovations - Super Task Chair - Black - Sam's Club

I'd love to replace my car stereo with something with a USB port. All those MP3s without being on a skipping CD....I'd love that. :)

I've been toying around with the idea to start up a new army for my wargaming hobby. That might eventually happen if I can get some nice deals online for it. I rarely buy stuff directly from stores anymore for said hobby.

Slowly my computer needs an upgrade; it's still an average system (and I've been running most of the system for almost 6 years now). So that's one of those things I need to look into sometime before the end of the year.

Maybe one day...

A decent Wacom, preferably one with a screen in said device would be nice and is on my long term shopping list. They're just so bloody expensive. And the fact that I'm not doing a lot of graphic design and such right now doesn't really give me a good reason to save up for it either. I've tried a few other tablets before, they all felt a bit weird... Wacom devices however feel a bit more "right" for me.

I've been toying around with the idea to start up a new army for my wargaming hobby.

King, that's a LOT of painting. :eek:

The good news: You'll probably be staying out of trouble.

The bad news: We may never hear from you again!

Ya know though, I don't think I'd mind being that immersed in such a project right now... ;)

King, that's a LOT of painting. :eek:

The good news: You'll probably be staying out of trouble.

The bad news: We may never hear from you again!

Ya know though, I don't think I'd mind being that immersed in such a project right now... ;)

lol, that really depends. Wargaming armies don't go in the thousands of figures. I remember a while back when I did a fantasy themed army with lots of knights and such... it was about 50 28mm scale infantry models. That took me 3 days to paint to an above average gaming standard. I guess if I were to go all overboard and do really elaborate schemes for display purposes, it would take me a lot longer though, heh.

I hear ya. The cushion just isn't there anymore on this chair and the gas can't keep the piston elevated to the right seat height. Time for a new chair. I love those leather and chrome Eurostyle "Eames" styles chairs you see on tv a lot, but despite their appearance their comfort seems lacking.

I may settle for one I saw at Sam's Club.....considerably less but comfortable.

True Innovations - Super Task Chair - Black - Sam's Club

Took another look at this chair in person and decided to pass.

Yeah, I'm going for the cool looking Eurostyle chair. Costs more, but is much better made. Fits with all my furniture in black leather and chrome. Man-cave...lol.
3918bcf8-a1a5-4139-a0db-6947871e7251_400.jpg

I remember "back in the day" carrying a cassette case with a couple hundred cassettes in it. The thing was like a suitcase . . . UGH!!!

Back in the 90s I built a custom 60 cassette drawer that attached under the passenger side dash and was padded for the passenger's knees. I still have it under the house and still have a car that it would fit, but the car needs a lot of work. I have more tapes than anything, like several hundred.

#1 thing on my shopping wishlist? A campsite!!! But have to wait till May or June for the snow to go away first.

I am still working on getting rid of non-essentials instead of acquiring new things. When I was first married in 1990 I could fit everything I owned into the back of my Toyota pickup. Ten years later when we moved into our third house we needed a semi to haul all the stuff we accumulated; it was obscene. I am happy to say, with my divorce about to be completed, I am on my way back to owning less. I have a few nice pieces of furniture, a wonderful dog and I rent an 800 square foot industrial space that houses my woodworking and wood finishing equipment. It is all I need to be happy.

I would really like a piano or a keyboard, sadly though, it doesn't appear like I will be able to get one any time soon.

I would really like a piano or a keyboard, sadly though, it doesn't appear like I will be able to get one any time soon.
I want one too :p

Would be nice to try picking up piano lessons again.

dc70ed9c4ba7a3bbe673e63df71b55fb.jpg

3902a923278f7d18d7b8c7f949017404.jpg

bad6a16b7e47b01c08c9e7392f3da606.jpg

I feel like I always need new things in my wardrobe, and am unashamedly addicted to dresses and Modcloth - awaiting delivery of my first order (obsessively/anxiously/excitedly).

I want one too :p

Would be nice to try picking up piano lessons again.

How about an organ? Don't know about there, but here, old home organs are often free for the taking, some have some decent piano and synth sounds on them. Unless space is an issue. I had piano lessons for a few years as a kid, and in the last 5 years have started learning to play keys again.

How about an organ? Don't know about there, but here, old home organs are often free for the taking, some have some decent piano and synth sounds on them. Unless space is an issue. I had piano lessons for a few years as a kid, and in the last 5 years have started learning to play keys again.
Nah, prices are high here, least from what I've seen. Probably don't have space either :p

Maybe more of a 'one day' venture

New Threads

Top Bottom