• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your own world

regnkappa

I know It cant be explained in word but feel free to try.

How is your own world. When you are not exactly "there"

While I don't go deeply into 'my own world these' days, I do have my own view of the world and how I'd like things to go. It's very hard to describe, but think along the lines of putting people into different groups and you're almost there.

Another thing I tend to do is if I see something cool in a TV show or anime, I imagine being able to do it while I'm just walking around during my usual everyday life. I don't do it enough to zone out, mind. I'm very much in the 'real world'.

I only zone out when I'm listening to music during a journey. I imagine things to go alongside the music. If I'm disturbed (e.g. someone tries to talk to me), it usually irritates me. I don't let myself get angry, as I know it would be a silly reason to do so, but it annoys me.

I zone out all the time. I think it's why I hate sitting next to people at lunch time so much. I'm usually a million miles away(not literally, but you get the expression) when someone tries to involve me in the conversation. If it's about something complicated then I might be a bit annoyed but I generally don't say anything to them(lol, 'please never talk to me- I might be thinking about something more important').
Honestly, I don't know what I think about.
It varies really. The past couple of months I've been thinking a lot about pretty philosophical things really, but when I was younger it'd be about more materialistic things(I actually got put in a group which apparently 'helped you listen better' after spending an entire lesson fantasising about how awesome it'd be to own a bar, LOL[this was back in Primary School and I was in the group for 3 years- it had nothing to do with listening]).
TBH, since I generally get bored at school, I tend to wonder about how people work, and why they do stuff. If someone says a jerkish comment to me, I'll probably spend a while wondering why they said it, until I've got some sort of explanation, or if someone is upset about something, and the reason doesn't seem right, I'd often wonder why for a while.
I don't know where this post is going, xD. I'm just rambling and none of this really makes sense ^_^.
EMZ=]

While I don't go deeply into 'my own world these' days, I do have my own view of the world and how I'd like things to go. It's very hard to describe, but think along the lines of putting people into different groups and you're almost there.

Another thing I tend to do is if I see something cool in a TV show or anime, I imagine being able to do it while I'm just walking around during my usual everyday life. I don't do it enough to zone out, mind. I'm very much in the 'real world'.

I only zone out when I'm listening to music during a journey. I imagine things to go alongside the music. If I'm disturbed (e.g. someone tries to talk to me), it usually irritates me. I don't let myself get angry, as I know it would be a silly reason to do so, but it annoys me.

The thing you have with your music, IS EXACTLY LIKE MYSELF.

I hate it when people interupt me listening to my ipod, if im in the car with my parents for example, sadly I sometimes show my anger... it gets fustraiting.

I also can see what you mean by the TV shows or Animes, I get obsessions all the time, whether it be Naruto (I've had fantasies about it :D ) or whether it be with Star Trek perhaps (yeah you guessed it, but this time, a future like Star Trek is somewhat realistic, minus certain aspects).

I don't zone out as bad as i used too but i still do.

When i was younger it was a real problem, especially when I was a child, now I have more control

over it when I'm around people.

"Spends far too much time staring out the window." That's a line from a school report I got in 1992 :D

When I wasn't staring out the window, pondering the universe, I was usually reading a book. I'd always find an empty classroom during breaks, so I wouldn't be disturbed. I think these days I'm actually worse. I can relate to the others who have said they don't like sitting next to folk/being interrupted, etc. I can't work and only have online friends, so I spend pretty much all my time in my room, living inside my head. At the moment I'm obssessing over harmonicas lol. Ordered £200 worth of the things at 1:43am today :rolleyes: But the thing is, I find being in my own world far more rewarding; I write fiction, make music and used to draw and paint. All things I can do alone, so I just don't need to exist in the "real" world. My world IS real so far as I'm concerned.

I had the ''Spends too much time staring out of the window'' thing on my report too. Along with ''Daydreams'' etc. :(

I zone out all the time. I just physically cannot stay connected to the real world for too long. I just get exhausted and just stare into space for ages, sometimes thinking about stuff that's going on in my life, or sometimes just not thinking. And then I get pulled back into the real world at school and it can often lead to panic attacks, which kind of sucks. I prefer my world, it's quiter.

Whenever I have my iPod on in class I really zone out and just think of really random things like Twilight...and when I get bored I tend to be in 'my own world' <_<

The only negative stuff I've got in my reports was just thing like me not making enough effort to communicate with other classmates and always insisting on doing projects on my own rather than group work xD.
I think it depends what lesson it is. In some lessons which I find boring(i.e French) I'm pretty much day dreaming every single lesson, but in lessons I find interesting(i.e Science) I rarely day dream. I remember the last time I day dreamed in Science was in Year 8 and I couldn't focus on anything for that long :p.
EMZ=]

I used to get stuff like that in my school reports, too. "Needs to join in more" "doesn't participate in group discussions" etc. lol! I once had to read the part of Puck in A Midsummer Nights Dream, eek, absolute nightmare! :(

...so, to everyone that describes zoning out or daydreaming - what do you spend most of your time thinking about specifically? :p

Conversations. I always go over them a lot and think about what I should have said. Or I'll think about what I have to look forward to, or think about what I'm going to do for the rest of the day and plan what I'm going to say. Or I'll just play music in my head. :)

Chris I don't like your signature thingy :(

Or mine...it's too big and it has a rectangle round it.

Yeah I'm not so keen either, I just don't have time to redo them until tonight.. and maybe not even then since i'll have.. better things to do. :D <3

I think about various things while I'm zoning out. It can be something that's made an impression on me, any worries I have or a variety of scenarios I create. It depends on the track that's playing at the time. For example, very upbeat music usually results in me thinking about defying the odds in some way. If metal is playing, I usually think about myself (or a character) fighting someone evil. That's why I'm not happy when someone disturbs me when I'm thinking like that. It's a bit like having a good dream, then waking up.

Sometimes I don't think I'm thinking at all... I know that might sound crazy, but I think there's been entire lessons which I've just spent staring at an object... with no internal dialect or anything... o_O...
Sometimes I think about my obsessions.
Also, I can relate to Willow a lot, and I also come up with hypothetical conversations.
EMZ=]

Conversations. I always go over them a lot and think about what I should have said. Or I'll think about what I have to look forward to, or think about what I'm going to do for the rest of the day and plan what I'm going to say. Or I'll just play music in my head. :)

I do that a lot.

I usually zone out when listening to music and imagine what would my life could be like if I had it the way I wanted.

Lol, at breaks I usually just lean against the wall and play music on my iPod and zone-out. Until someone says something stupid to me or something.
EMZ=P

I'm doing my own thing and I don't pay attention to what is going on around me.

I zone out when I am hearing something boring. I did that a lot in school. I couldn't listen for long periods of the time.

I often sit in the cafeteria at college listening to my iPod. If somebody nearby shouts or does something to disturb me, I get quite pissed off. I can really relate to the

"Staring out of windows" thing. I used to have maths in a room four floors up with a view of fields out of the window. They wanted to move me from 3rd to 4th band because I wasn't listening. Then I took a test and they moved me to 1st band!

I often disconnect when I'm walking, so I do a lot of walking. Its especially easy to "zone out" if I'm walking at night because theres nothing else around to disturb me. Thinking about it, I remember being on my scooter when I was about 3 or 4, and scooting across a main road because I just wasn't "present in mind". I also remember the telling off I got afterwards!

New Threads

Top Bottom