• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your miracle moments of life

Pink Jazz

In 2015, I bought a interlock polo shirt that I really loved from IZOD's Spring 2015 collection in a shade of pink called Fairy Tale. Sadly, several months later, that shirt got damaged by bleach spots in the back.

Now, two years ago this month in 2018, a miracle happened. IZOD introduced a new interlock polo in Fairy Tale pink in their Spring 2018 collection. While not exactly the same shirt as the Spring 2015 shirt, it was similar enough that it has the spirit of the Spring 2015 version. The first day I saw it on Amazon, I placed an order right away. The first time wearing it I think was on Valentine's Day 2018. I previously mentioned this in another thread, but now that it is the second anniversary since this miracle happened, I would like to hear about your miracles of life.

So, do you have any miracle moments in life to share?

Last edited:
I had 4 miracles - two sons, two daughter. Actually could add ten more for the grandkids.
But little miracles are nice. :) Kind weird how it happened, though. I had this bear and cub statue made from glacier silt that I got in Alaska. I hadn't thought about it in years, but was thinking about it one day and wondering what happened to it, but thought I remembered it being in my daughter's curio cabinet. A week later was when I had my family Christmas and my son handed me a present and said it was just a little something he seen at Goodwill the week before. It was a bear and cub statue just like mine (which was still at my daughter's). I just thought it was cool that it had come to mind about the time my son ran across it, and how he managed to find a duplicate (not like they could be found everywhere).

My miracle is that l am alive. I almost died in the last place l lived in. It was scary and l think about it everyday. It has taught me to be less trusting which is probably a good thing. Because of my spouse, l was sick almost everyday of my life. And he stole my personal possessions daily from me and l had to go to the store nightly to replace my toothbrush. I won't go into further detail, but another reason to be happy that l am alive. But marriage is extremely frightening and traumatic to me. And finally the miracle of learning to let go of pain and bitterness, and self-loathing. It solves nothing, true freedom comes from within, once you claim it, it yours forever. I am proof of this.

Last edited:
I think it's a little miracle that you fitted this thread in between prolific threads from another member! Kudos...

For me, finding a new fiction story book that I like to read, especially if it's a series, is a little miracle each time it happens. Also, finding them again to reread, can be excellent too.

I survived a head on collision at 70mph. The doctors said it was nothing short of a miracle I survived.

I walked/hobbled away with a fractured hip, some broken toes and a lot of cuts and bruises.

Ed

I think it's a little miracle that you fitted this thread in between prolific threads from another member! Kudos...

For me, finding a new fiction story book that I like to read, especially if it's a series, is a little miracle each time it happens. Also, finding them again to reread, can be excellent too.
happy birthday Thinx

Well there's my dog, of course. He's pretty much a miracle with feet that occasionally tries to eat stupid things. Hey, nobody said miracles were perfect.

I also had a car crash many years ago... car was very mangled. But nobody was really hurt, I walked away from it with a mildly annoying friction burn (from the airbag deploying) on my left arm and that was it. But we went to the hospital anyway just to be sure and they put me on two super-strong painkillers (???). I'm sure that made sense somehow. I remember that moment of taking the things the first time. Didnt want to, pills made me nervous after the thing with the Prednesone. But this very large, clearly very tough lady nurse just sort of cornered me by the sink and stood there looking moderately unpleasant until I took the things. You could tell she had done this before.

I must thank her for that, because whatever their reasoning for putting me on them, those pills were the first thing that ended up having an effect on my unending back pain that I'd already had for a few years at that point. Seriously, before that I was taking like 4 Advil at once and they'd do literally nothing. So these new things were a godsend. I'm still on both subscriptions to this day, yet thanks to therapy dont have to rely on them as much as before.

I consider my cat a miracle; she has been with me since high school, and has always been my guardian angel. She would get concerned when I feel unhappy, and was never fond of my ex or his outbursts. Some days I thank her because she saved me from a serious situation; in a way, I feel like I saved her, too, because she didn't get along with my ex's cat who got more attention from him. She'll be 17 in April, and when her time comes, I would definitely do something special to honor her.

As life seems to have a repetitive pattern of trying to kill me, too many to mention.

But the most profound was when my newborn raised her head up to look me, straight in the eye. Wobbly neck and all, she did it with those unique sapphire blue eyes that babies have & that's a moment of connection I have never felt before or after.

My cats kittens opening theirs come a close second.

I've a few, hooking up with my now wife who I can honestly say saved my life as I was heading down the dark path at the time and while she never knew it she turned me 180 around.
....and the kids.

New Threads

Top Bottom