• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

YOUR FEARS? Mine snakes in the dark... not my thing

Chance

"all who wander are not lost" - Tolkien
V.I.P Member
IMG_0132.JPG

Yes, that is a now dead rattle snake that bout made me pee myself just a little while ago.
I was about to jump in my old work truck to go start the lake pumps on golf course
and I heard "the noise" and I thought "no way"?

Yes way... that freaking thing was coiled up right in front of my back tire about 3 feet from me.

So glad I don't have neighbors... Here I am shaking like a fool, freaking trying to hold flashlight and not to shoot my truck and having a cussing fit...
I let out all my swear words for the week in full Tourettes fashion!

I didn't shoot my truck, the snake is now where ever snakes go...
I hate killing anything, and if it wasn't deadly I would have let it go on its way.
I freaking hate snakes!

Whats your creepy thing that makes you lose it?

Idiots.

Idiots are right up there... sadly I think I was being one this morning.
Half asleep and just get the wits scared out of me, not cool at all

The good news is that you didn't get bit. The bad news is what it costs if you had been bitten.

For as common as rattlesnakes can be in the US, their anti-venom remains a$tronomically expensive. I expect they're no more than 30 feet outside my front door at times, hidden in the rocks.

At this point in my life, the biggest fear that I have is that something is going happen to someone I love.

Running spiders. Stationary spiders, no problem - ish but let those multi jointed legs...all eight of them start moving and gathering momentum, carrying that hairy body at speed and every evolutionary skill I own has me hurdling furniture and finding the nearest exit.

...oh and by the way, I'm in the UK, other than imported species kept in suitable conditions and vivariums I'm led to believe we have no poisonous (to humans) wild spiders here.... So yes I am talking about the humble House Spider. Especially the rampant males whose testosterone fuels them like rapier missiles caring not a not what they trample over in pursuit of a breeding female.

Yes, running spiders expose an involuntary side of me you'll probably never see otherwise :D

As far as nature is concerned,I actually fear rats more than anything else.

Running spiders. Stationary spiders, no problem - ish but let those multi jointed legs...all eight of them start moving and gathering momentum, carrying that hairy body at speed and every evolutionary skill I own has me hurdling furniture and finding the nearest exit.

...oh and by the way, I'm in the UK, other than imported species kept in suitable conditions and vivariums I'm led to believe we have no poisonous (to humans) wild spiders here.... So yes I am talking about the humble House Spider. Especially the rampant males whose testosterone fuels them like rapier missiles caring not a not what they trample over in pursuit of a breeding female.

Yes, running spiders expose an involuntary side of me you'll probably never see otherwise :D

I love the image in my head of running spiders. Thanks! I think I have a painting idea now.

Humans. Perfectly rational fear, though. And the really young ones bite.

Right you are. That is a perfectly rational fear. We should be afraid of a creature that powerful and unpredictable.

Cockroaches, scary little buggers with their beady eyes. One crawled up when I was half sleep and it came up on my leg. I jumped out of my bed and screamed in fright at the shock of it all. I ran from my room and slept in my mom's bed for the night.

Idiots are right up there... sadly I think I was being one this morning.
Half asleep and just get the wits scared out of me, not cool at all

My husband and I were walking to a cave that makes olive oil ( this was in the South of France and many years ago now). Suddenly, my husband screams and jumps out of the way and the next minute, when bright red. Yes, it was a spider but the size of a thumb nail. It was the shadow of it that made it appear HUGE.

It was hard going to not burst into laughter and think I failed big time.

We have Brown Recluse Spiders here... I'm not fond of spiders either but we can keep things sprayed for them. Brown Recluse bite rots your skin and a bad bite can become a really bad situation.

Snakes. I can't even look at one on the television or the rubber ones in the toy sections of the shops. Lol. Seriously. I'll have to unwatch this thread as that's how fearful I am of them.

I don't dig spiders, but my true, nagging fear is becoming homeless. I lived out of my car once many years ago, so I know it sucks. However, what scares me is to end up living under an overpass somewhere. Oddly, it can happen easier than people realize, especially for someone in my position that has no family or true support mechanism.

You won't... you already been there, so its just your old subconscious messing with you...
You have a support mechanism, its right here.

I basically have no family that would care if I drove off a cliff, and a wife who is unhappy that I'm even breathing.

Its all good bro, we got this AS family. We are survivors! We made it this far, so... we keep going and venting, and moving right along. Its what we do.

When I was little and in another country me and my brothers were at a friends house and they jumped a bird spider that got in the house somehow.
It was a big as a pie saucer I swear...every time my brother spooked it people were jumping on couches and chairs the friends mom was screaming.
Boy could that spider move...:eek: they finally killed it with a fly swatter or a thrown shoe or book? I couldn't see as they got it behind a couch in the corner.

Yes I have stepped over or almost reached down to switch a irrigation pipe on next to a Rattle snake :snake:...it tends to scare a year or two of life out of you...:eek:...:snake:
Ranchers have died near me that got bit...causes heart Attacks..the venom.

please don't kill snakes if you see one stand still let it move away a lot of snakes are near extinction and that imbalances the ecosystem that means an overabundance of small animals
its a wild animal and is always trying to avoid large predators like humans- it will be terrified by your presence, it will sense you hate and will try to destroy it
View attachment 36881

Yes, that is a now dead rattle snake that bout made me pee myself just a little while ago.
I was about to jump in my old work truck to go start the lake pumps on golf course

Yes way... that freaking thing was coiled up right in front of my back tire about 3 feet from me.

So glad I don't have neighbors... Here I am shaking like a fool, freaking trying to hold flashlight and not to shoot my truck and having a cussing fit...

I hate killing anything, and if it wasn't deadly I would have let it go on its way.
I freaking hate snakes!

View attachment 36881

I freaking hate snakes!

I'm terrified of Snakes in general never mind in the dark, especially big ones such as Anacondas and Cobras.

New Threads

Top Bottom