• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favourite comic book heroes?

Warshipsfan1

Thought I'd do something different on the forum, so I want to ask you. What comic book heroes do you like? I've recently revived my love for comic books and have read some many good books. Here are a few of my personal favourites

U.S. Agent aka John Walker: This guy is a great anti-hero, he can be a loudmouth jerk who mouths off at people but when the going gets rough. He does the right thing and proves deep down he can be a good hero

Blade: In my opinion one of the most important characters in the comic book world. The 1998 film really surprised people and showed that comic book movies could be so dark and powerful. Blade himself is great, he ain't afraid of no vampires. I can't wait to see the new upcoming film

The Incredible Hulk: He deserves a spot on my list, without him I would have never gotten into superheroes period.

Jean Grey from the X-Men franchise: The Dark Phoenix saga is just a classic storyline and Jean herself is very sympathetic and likeable. I like the versions where she fights back and takes control again. Sophie Turner did a wonderful job in the recent movies, I'd like to see her back again......probably won't but I can dream.

Man-Thing: This guy is weird, he's a slimey swamp monster who never says a word but his books never bore me. I love reading them

Sonic the Hedgehog.

Cyclops from X-Men.

Wolverine from X-Men. Oh. FYI. There is an anime about him if no one has seen it.

Batman. Though I'm more cartoon focused. Never read many comics of his.

ooo.jpg

I have never really been a comic fan, but a friend tried to get me into it when I was young and I briefly collected Kull in early 70's. Blade, Blood Battle, yeah.

But I'd also read those weird/strange tales types if I came accross them.

;)

Bronze Age:
Batman (before extensive armor)
Catwoman
Spider-Man
Daredevil
Black Widow
Nova
"Doc" Savage

I liked Green Arrow's silver/bronze-age costume best, but his Robin Hood/archer motif was a bit limiting.
Hawkeye's emphasis is on his aim* (rather than just archery), making him a little more versatile in his missions, but I was never impressed by his costume.

Later:
Danger Girl
Tomb Raider

*Like a hero version of the villain, Bullseye.

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm not sure.

The problem I've always had with comic books is that they're just very hard to follow. Too many individual series that often get all tangled with each other in some overarching story that then has bonkers amounts of time travel and then the universe like, splits or something, making it even more confusing.

I'd love comics in theory, I'm sure, but I've never really been able to get over that hurdle. I'm used to manga, which is very straightforward (usually). Though a friend of mine (who is really into DC) gave me a couple of specific miniseries compilations to read, which were much easier.

If I had to choose some heroes I like, despite limited knowledge, I'd go with Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, uhhhh... yeah, those guys.

(From the "slow on the uptake" files)
I recently realized that Iron Man, with his original heart issues, was probably inspired by the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz.
(And I played the Tin Man in fifth grade!)
If I Only Had A Heart... (1939)

Last edited:
Batman, wolverine, deadpool, rorschach. I like the dark, damaged heros. Do not like the goody two shoe good guys; superman, cyclops, Spiderman.

Wonder Woman
Super Girl
Batman
Silk Spectre
Superman
Rorschach
Daredevil
Spiderman
Jean grey
Beast
Ghost Rider
Daredevil
Hellboy

I don't read comic books anymore and I don't know too much about him, but I think Silver Surfer seems pretty cool.

Martian Manhunter for DC comics. He has the strength and powers of Superman in addition to some of his own (Telekinesis, telepathy, shape shifting, intangibility, and invisibility) with the mind of Batman.

X-Man for Marvel. He is an Omega Level Mutant and basically Cable (Who is, genetically speaking, his half brother.) if he didn’t have the technovirus limiting him.

Spider-Man's great. I was reading some of the original 60's stuff and he thought like a real nerdy teenager. Not perfect, not a monster, just a person. Someone in the comments didn't get it, said he sounded like a school shooter incel (their words) cause he was always thinking "someday I'll show them, someday they'll see". And it's like, did you not think that when you were 16?

There's one comic where his bully's girlfriend Liz asks HIM out (he's a "loser" so it's a big deal), but he has to stop crime so he cancels for "homework". Then that evening he says no, he can do it now and she tells him to get lost. He's mad at her, and even months later he thinks he'd be a way better boyfriend than hers. On the one hand you feel bad for Spidey because he missed the date to do a good thing and from his point of view he didn't have a choice. But then you get older and you realize he's not thinking how Liz feels. Would you date a guy who ditched you for HOMEWORK and came crawling back the same night?

Everyone in the Justice League/Justice League Unlimited cartoons is great. I think they're easier to get into than the comics.

On the one hand you feel bad for Spidey because he missed the date to do a good thing and from his point of view he didn't have a choice. But then you get older and you realize he's not thinking how Liz feels. Would you date a guy who ditched you for HOMEWORK and came crawling back the same night?
That reminds me of this exchange,...
Where's My Super Suit...? The Incredibles (2004)

New Threads

Top Bottom