• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favorite quotes

Sipe

Hello, folks.

Into this thread I want you to write down your favorite quotes. You see, I`m planning on painting at least 100 20x20cm large paintings with quotes in them and then set up an art exhibition. Quotes are maybe one of the best ways to teach and share wisdom to people.

So I want you to make suggestions for me. Remember to write the name of the original author of the quote too. You can even invent your own quotes and put it here. And if I want to paint your quote I ask your permission for that first, of course.

Here are the first quotes I have decided to paint:

"We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world" -Buddha
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read or who has said, not even if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." -Buddha
"I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing." -Socrates
"Good actions give strength to ourselves and inspire good actions in others." -Plato
"I think, I am." -Réne Descartes
"I think I am, therefore I am. I think..." -George Carlin
"The reason I talk to myself is that I`m the only one whose answers I accept" -George Carlin
"By and large, language is a tool for concealing the truth." -George Carlin
"Asperger Syndrome is not a disease or disorder. It is an ability you should take advantage of." -Sipe

Inspirational quotes:
We cannot do great things in this world, only small things with great love.
--Mother Teresa
If you cannot feed a hundred people, then feed just one.--Mother Teresa
Be the change you wish to see in the world.
--Ghandi
Measure your life in love.
--Cast of Rent

Funny quotes:
If your head touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you.
--Malcom Reynolds in Firefly
Goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twix my nethers weren't run on batteries!
--Kaylee Frye in Serenity
Potato head, you've got a date with justice!
Sorry Sherrif, I'm married!
--Woody and Mr. Potato Head in Toy Story 3

New Threads

Top Bottom