• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your favorite book series

Keith

I am currently reading a series of novels right now called the Thursday Next series. It's kind of hard to explain what they're about, but they are some of the most entertaining books I've ever read. The concept of the series is to mess around with literature, even the book you're reading! The protagonist, Thursday Next, is a literary detective who is assigned to set things straight if something goes awry in a piece of literature. The first book is The Eyre Affair, where she is literally transported into the world within Jane Eyre and can interact with all the characters and everything. I just finished book two, Lost in a Good Book, and am working on book three: The Well of Lost Plots.

I have to say, that you have inspired me to want to read them lol

There are a few for me.

I love the Agatha Christie series

Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyal

Jane Austin

The Anne of Green Gables

When I was a child, I adored: the famous five.

I don't have a decided favourite, but 'The Last Apprentice Series' also know as 'The Wardstone Chronicles' is one of my favorite series I've ever read (excuse the grammar :p). It's kinda a horror series, about this young boy called Tom who is trained to be a 'Spook', which is where you fight off creatures of the dark. It's super entertaining and the illustrations for each chapter are brilliant (the US version.) It fits perfeclty with the dark spooky (no pun intended) theme of the books

As for the series you mentioned, that sounds very my style! I will see if I can read it. :)

Another for Sherlock Holmes, but a soft spot for the old (and real) Curious George, and of course Winnie-the-Pooh, though whether the four books by A.A. Milne count as a series, I'm not sure. Two of them at least.

The Chronicles of Narnia - C.S. Lewis
The Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan
The Helliconia Trilogy - Brian Aldiss

I don't know if the series has a name, but Kim Harrison has a great fantasy series set in Cincinnati with witches, vampires, faeries, etc.

Marion Zimmer Bradley's Darkover series
Anne MacCaffreys' Pern series (plus most of her others)
Lord of The Rings

Song of Fire and Ice (game of Thrones)-George RR Martin

Dune Series-frank Herbert

Kingkiller Chronicles-rothfuss.

Just starting Wheel of Time.

My current favourite is the Spinward Fringe series by Randolph Lalonde, just awaiting book 9.

Also reading the Interworld trilogy by Neil Gaiman, great fun.

James Lee Burke's Dave Robichaux novels. Partial to S.J. Bolton and Tim Dorsey, also. All-time favorite? Gaiman's Sandman.

I tried Dune, but I found it boring.
It starts very boring but I liked it because of how original the writting was. It goes down hill very quickly though. First 3 books are solid. I gave up around 6 when his son took over the writing

Xanth, Wrinkle in Time, Dark Tower.

DARKTOWER DID I SAY DARKTOWER?

Also reading the Interworld trilogy by Neil Gaiman, great fun.

I read most of the first book in this a while ago and LOVED it- I found it at the transfer station. I totally forgot and am glad to be reminded of it.

Xanth, Wrinkle in Time, Dark Tower.

DARKTOWER DID I SAY DARKTOWER?

I read most of the first book in this a while ago and LOVED it- I found it at the transfer station. I totally forgot and am glad to be reminded of it.
I got through the first book of Dark Tower but couldn't get in to it. Everyone raves about how good the series is. I think I may have to give it another shot.

All of the related books pertaining to Ted Dekker's Circle Series. Originally it was only a trilogy (Black, Red, White) but then Green was added. Also, related series include The Lost Books (Chosen, Infidel, Renegade, Chaos, Lunatic, Elyon) and The Paradise Novels (Showdown, Saint, Sinner). I really want to reread ALL of these again, but time and the vast amount of other books I have left to read on my bookshelf and in my Kindle limit the time I can spend reading all of these related books again (at least for awhile).

EDIT: I also LOVE the Ender series by Orson Scott Card. I loved this series before the movie I might add. I started reading the Ender series and the Ender's Shadow series in 7th grade (so...10 years ago?). I actually liked the Shadow series more...I would also like to read all of these books again simply so I can get everything from the movie OUT of my head. They depicted pretty much everything differently in the movie than I pictured in my head when I read the series. This is why I need to quit watching movies that are based on books that I have read...

Oh man another EDIT (last one, I promise ;)): The Lamb Among the Stars series is an awesome trilogy. It's pretty sweet (wars that occur in space, epic space warp capabilities, epic good vs. evil battle, multiple worlds in two different galaxies essentially creating intergalactic warfare)!

Last edited:
I'd say Harry Potter but that would be kinda cliché for my generation. Honestly, I much preferred His Dark Materials, even though I think the latter two books of the trilogy never lived up to the first.

New Threads

Top Bottom