• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Your Favorite Book of the Bible

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
I've read pretty much every day of my life since I could read, and I've read many beautiful things. The most beautiful thing I've read is the book of John. Here are some random quotes from it I particularly enjoy:

1:5 "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it."

1:23 " . . . I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness . . ."

6:63 "It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all."

7 And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. 9 But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.”

10:31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him. Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?”

10:40 “He has blinded their eyes
and hardened their heart,
lest they see with their eyes,
and understand with their heart, and turn,
and I would heal them.”

Everything I else I love about it isn't conducive to quoting.

What is your favorite book of the Bible?

Last edited:
Ecclesiastes.

“A good name is better than precious ointment; and the day of death than the day of one's birth.”

While I am agnostic, I have read a good deal of the Bible and I really enjoy it. I would have to go with the previously mentioned Ecclesiastes and the gospel of John. As for Ecclesiastes, it's just smart and it doesn't give a heck. John because of lines like "Truly I tell you, before Abraham was I am". That sentence concisely summarizes the Christian faith. Love it for its effectiveness all the while keeping a ridiculous degree of simplicity.

I find them all instructive so cant really point to a single book. But Revelations is very revealing. Even as God brings the end times he still wants people to repent of their sins. So they are not condemn. Proof he wants everyone to be in Heaven with him.

20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
21 Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

Philippians is a book a really enjoy. Also Ephesians. The proverbs are really good and Job is a favourite of mines too.

For me it might be the Song of Solomon.
I just love the poetry in which something so deep is expressed.

I sleep but my heart is awake. My lover come seeking me but I am slow to respond ...

so much ties in with my experience and my walk

Thank you all for your replies! I'm rereading the Bible and will read the ones mentioned next, although I just read Job which was amazing.

Ecclesiastes resonates a lot with me and has long been a favorite, along with the other wisdom literature like Job. And of course the gospels in the NT. I've noticed that Paul's books are less often people's favorites, and can indeed be challenging and are often avoided, but they're a necessity to grow in maturity in the Christian faith, particularly deeper theological understanding and personal morality.

I think Psalms is my favourite book. I used to read it as a child and although it didn't make any sense to me, I always felt more peacful and calm as a result.

The companion book of Daniel & Revelation are two of my favorites. The Pauline Epistles as well. Two companion passages are 1 Corinthians 15:52-58 & 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.

Certainly just now the book of Revelation, specifically chapter 13, verses 16-18

Terrifying! Why is that your favorite?

Here it is in case anyone's curious:

"16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead, 17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name. 18 This calls for wisdom: let the one who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666."

As there's speculation about what the 'mark' may be, and this could be the 'end times' now I come to think of it I like comforting passages from other books too, so maybe don't necessarily have a favourite

For example I find passages in the Book of Psalms comforting. I heard in 2010, a Church Pastor say he believed that the beginning of the end times had began

Certainly just now the book of Revelation, specifically chapter 13, verses 16-18

Favorite I mean in the context of what passage I think is particularly relevant now,

Revelation 13:16-18
New International Version

16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Without a digital passport which will be in a phone held in the hand?

• Public invited to contribute to draft rules around data protection, security and inclusivity
  • Part of work to help people prove who they are without the need for physical documents
  • Aim is to make people’s lives easier and boost the country’s £149 billion digital economy
The government has today published its draft rules of the road for governing the future use of digital identities. It is part of plans to make it quicker and easier for people to verify themselves using modern technology and create a process as trusted as using passports or bank statements.

Digital identity products allow people to prove who they are, where they live or how old they are. They are set to revolutionise transactions such as buying a house, when people are often required to prove their identity multiple times to a bank, conveyancer or estate agent, and buying age-restricted goods online or in person.

The new ‘trust framework’ lays out the draft rules of the road organisations should follow. It includes the principles, policies, procedures and standards governing the use of digital identity to allow for the sharing of information to check people’s identities or personal details, such as a user’s address or age, in a trusted and consistent way. This will enable interoperability and increase public confidence.

The framework, once finalised, is expected to be brought into law. It has specific standards and requirements for organisations which provide or use digital identity services including:

• Having a data management policy which explains how they create, obtain, disclose, protect, and delete data;
  • Following industry standards and best practice for information security and encryption;
  • Telling the user if any changes, for example an update to their address, have been made to their digital identity;
  • Where appropriate, having a detailed account recovery process and notifying users if organisations suspect someone has fraudulently accessed their account or used their digital identity;
  • Following guidance on how to choose secure authenticators for their service.
Organisations will be required to publish a yearly report explaining which demographics have been, or are likely to have been, excluded from their service and why. The move will help make firms aware if there are inclusivity problems in their products while also boosting transparency.

The framework will also help promote the use of ‘vouching’, where trusted people within the community such as doctors or teachers ‘vouch for’ or confirm a person’s identity, as a useful alternative for those without traditional documents, such as passports and driving licences.

New Threads

Top Bottom