• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

your biggest waste of money?

Shaddock

V.I.P Member
what are things which you bought but not really needed and regreted that you bought them?

I don´t know in my case, I usually read very carefully and detailed before I buy something, but I once bought earphones which were not really good and found other ones for half the price, which were better. the more expensive ones gone haywire very fast.

I once bought a video game, but it was not the game, it was only a cd-key. gladfully I could reverse that.

and once I bought a game, but never recieved it.

don´t know if this thread already exists, found nothing.

I actually don’t think I have much currently that I think is a waste of money, everything gets a lot of daily use.

But I have like 50 cans of Twisted Tea in my fridge, and I’m not really a drinker, so I’m waiting until I have a party so I can get rid of it. Lol
Probably won’t be until Halloween.

A 1929 Atwater Kent radio. It's a super cool radio, but it's very difficult to service. I think I spent too much on shipping it because it had a separate speaker that had to be shipped along with it.
In general, I feel like a lot of my hobbies are wastes of money, even though I very much enjoy fixing up old junk.

1976 Capri.
The company I was working for part-time required me to have a delivery vehicle. So I bought the hatchback.
Five weeks later the company hired me full-time- and then they supply the vehicle.
17 months later the Seattle-sourced car had sprouted compromising rust all over. Cut it up and hauled it to metal buyer.

A 1929 Atwater Kent radio. It's a super cool radio, but it's very difficult to service. I think I spent too much on shipping it because it had a separate speaker that had to be shipped along with it.
In general, I feel like a lot of my hobbies are wastes of money, even though I very much enjoy fixing up old junk.
It's a lot of fun, isn't it? I'm repairing failed floor jacks right now. May I ask what stuff you like most to repair?

I invested in a HD DVD player. Then BluRay won that war and rendered HD DVD obsolete.

It's a lot of fun, isn't it? I'm repairing failed floor jacks right now. May I ask what stuff you like most to repair?
Mostly complete wastes of money. I like typewriters, hand-cranked phonographs from back before 1930, antique clocks, books, parlor organs (which I can't really collect, as pump-organs take up a lot of room!) and that sort of thing in general. I used to do a lot more with electric fans.

The cases of beer and bottles of bourbon I bought over the last decade and a half. Easily tens of thousands of dollars.

I spent $100 on a pack of some fancy origami paper made in the U.S. from linen and cotton that's supposed to be super durable and the stiffness is really nice for folding with since it holds up well.

Anyways, I made a couple of rings, which admittedly look pretty cool, gave them away, and then I got bored so I've still got most of those papers. I've heard that apparently the papers are sought after and people will give you food and other things in exchange for them though.

dollar-bill-ring-header.jpg

bundle-100-one-dollar-bills-600w-160260959.jpg

Horrible apartments that l never could stay a year in. One apartment my friend told me to move into, after l signed the lease, the lady changed the front door into a crappy peeling door. And the front window no longer closed next to the very busy street. I told her no, she kept my 3000 dollar deposit.

I moved out of another horrible place and lost about 2800 dollars there. But l guess it's not as bad as the older lady who was drugged and raped in her apartment in Tampa.

Ladies please be very careful moving to Florida. I immediately started staying in retirement areas because apartments are rough if you can't afford 3000 dollars a month in a nicer rental. But those probably have also gone up.

Last edited:
I bought a pair of Grado rs1i headphones after months of research. I ended up disliking them! I spent $800 dollars on them, sold them on ebay years later for $200, it was dumbest purchase iv ever made and a total waste of money.

The shutters for the windows of the house. They let in the light and have aluminium and plastic bits that warp and break, then they won't close properly.

Is it a "waste" of money if you learn a life lesson or gain some knowledge from it? Mistakes are how we all gain wisdom.

I know,...there are things in life that looking back,...you just flushed hard-earned cash down the toilet.

what are things which you bought but not really needed and regreted that you bought them?

I don´t know in my case, I usually read very carefully and detailed before I buy something, but I once bought earphones which were not really good and found other ones for half the price, which were better. the more expensive ones gone haywire very fast.

I once bought a video game, but it was not the game, it was only a cd-key. gladfully I could reverse that.

and once I bought a game, but never recieved it.

don´t know if this thread already exists, found nothing.
On Monday I decided to get a Google play card. I had scratched off the back, only to find it wasn’t going to work on any of my devices. I got it for 100 chf. D’oh!

Still annoyed with that but it’s my stupid fault for not checking first. I usually do but obviously not on Monday.

Once I also bought a pot of blue fabric paint. It Isn’t something I regret buying, I just have no idea what I bought this for.

New Threads

Top Bottom