• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You don't even own the change in your pocket

benjimanbreeg

I really don't see how people can go through life, with all these loans and contracts etc. You see someone with a nice car, most of the time, they'll probably still be paying for it, for years to come. Obviously its different, when its the property ladder. But like phones, tv's...... money. Its all borrowed, and then you're paying interest. If I don't have much money, i'll make do with a car that gets me from a to b. I'd rather live in a box on the street, than have all these possession's I don't even own.

I guess you only live once though, and you could leave the depts to whoever wants to pay them when you're dead.

I share the same views as you. I will never own a credit card or take an overdraft when given the option. I'd rather live one month ahead instead of behind in terms of pay. There isn't any point.

I, too, share the same view. I know that unless I become rich and famous or assume squatter's rights, I will never own a house, or a car, or anything large at all.

I don't have a problem with it as long as you can afford to pay the loan off in the agreed instalments. If you get loans you know you can't pay off then that's not going to be helping your problem :/.
EMZ=]

I guess the system is okay in that sense, as long as you don't let things get ontop of you. But why pay back interest for the sake of having thing a few months sooner? :p

Yeah I guess so. Ah well. People should always have a little put aside for a "rainy day". :)

...not that I do. :(

I should start a thread where we can talk about our banking habits. Or just do it here.

I'm on the Dole. On disability, actually. I get $860 a month. I am SHOCKED at how fast it goes. I think I lost something then I remember where I put it, or I find it. I think I might have had a blackout where I don't remember what I did with some of my Dole money and then I figure it out and it all makes sense... it was my expensive eating habits (I love fancy, gourmet food... I might get the fancy Swiss cheese instead of a brick of cheddar that will actually make me throw up, etc.)Then I keep forgetting that even tho I live with my parents I still pay rent, and that's where some more of it went.

I don't have a problem with mortgages or like...car finance or whatever it's called. Because, they're things that are kind of necessary so, as long as you can afford the payments and know all the rules etc, it's fine.

I don't have a problem with mortgages or like...car finance or whatever it's called. Because, they're things that are kind of necessary so, as long as you can afford the payments and know all the rules etc, it's fine.

Not really. If you mean, getting a new car, and paying it off gradually. Thats not essential. Obviouly the tax and insurance is. But you can pick up a decent car for under a grand.

Yeah I know it's not essential. But it's more understandable than getting a loan to buy something like a TV or computer or something.

I'd rather have aa computer than a car... as long as there's suddenly no emergency situation that makes me need a car more, but I also need something to tell me WHAT is going on so that I can do the right thing, like go the right way with that car.

a tv or computer's not gonna cost £10,000 though :lol: Unless its made by Alex Plank's friend.

But yeah, same with tv's, 30-36 inch, is all you need really, anything more is just for show. I got myself a projector, cause I wasn't gonna get a tv liscence anyway, I measured it to be about 80 inches lol, and its much cheaper.

That's quite a good idea lol. Okay, so scrap the car finance. I'm okay with Mortgages though.

Yeah, cause mortgages, you're paying something off that eventually can make you money, if you play your cards right. With a new car, it loses thousands of pounds in value, straight as you drive it off the forecourt

New Threads

Top Bottom