• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

You can't trust your ears anymore.

NB79

So about, this new AI technology that can reproduce your voice perfectly.
You can never know for sure now if its a real person talking on a video.... for me this is too sad.
Audio voice evidence on criminal cases? etc you need experts to see if its valid or not?
Voice actors may be screwed, they may need to copyright their voices now?.
Reality on the internet is being muddled sort of?, maybe we need to stop using too much internet and go person to person more?.

So about, this new AI technology that can reproduce your voice perfectly.
You can never know for sure now if its a real person talking on a video.... for me this is too sad.
Audio voice evidence on criminal cases? etc you need experts to see if its valid or not?
Voice actors may be screwed, they may need to copyright their voices now?.
Reality on the internet is being muddled sort of?, maybe we need to stop using too much internet and go person to person more?.
It will be used to ask a credit in your name, to ask your mom money in exchange of your freedom, to convince your wife to send her money to a certain account ...

Phishing frauds will increase exponentially. Phone and video calls wont be trusted anymore.

Communication apps probably will need to include an identity validator integrated at the phone.

The world is changing faster every year.

Seriously scammers are scamming people even with their voices, now they can scam with the voice of your relative.

One doesn't have to think about this for very long (I hadn't) before they realize they possibilities are endless, and could be devastating. Blackmail, sexual harassment lawsuits, a world leader going on the radio making a declaration? False 911 calls?

Too many laws on the books; get rid of a few dozen...then enact one to protect us against this menace!

Or your eyes. We can create a digital rendering indistinguishable from the person being imitated.

China has a whole team of television newscasters who are fakes. Their appearance was created by digitizing faces that polls indicated were most trustworthy and reassuring, while also being eye-catching.

But what I like best is ChatGPT's ability to mimic style.

chat.jpg

The biggest scammer in the AI equation will likely be Microsoft. Whacking consumers with a double-whammy.

First everyone will AGAIN be forced into having to buy an entirely new hardware platform to run their AI operating system (Windows 12). And you thought this nonsense would end with Windows 11. LOL. Nope-nope-nope.

Second Microsoft (and Google) will no doubt abuse this much higher technology to steal anything and everything on your hard drives, usb sticks and cloud platforms at a far brisker pace than they are doing right now.

When it comes to high technology, there's always "a fox in the henhouse". The same one that sold you your henhouse in the first place.

Is there a silver lining in this dark cloud? We'll just have to see whatever alternatives which might be put forth by Linux.

Last edited:
I feel almost sorry for people that have to live through both the major change of the internet becoming vital to society as well as AI slowly coming in now. The lack of stability and the world shifting underneath your feet as you try to settle down is an inevitable fact of life, but I can see why some changes are scarier than others.

Pretty soon the internet is going to be filled with even more bots than it already is. On the plus side, it gives me a reason to just turn off the simulation and go do something real instead, or something that feels real.

AI is likely going to render everything it touches meaningless, and it won't be long before people long for the 'simple' days before it ever even existed in this form. Back when things were fun and we had no idea.

We're already at the point where people have to add stuff like 'reddit' to their google searches because otherwise they just get SEO nonsense articles that don't actually help you at all, how long is it gonna be before people have to add 'not AI' because otherwise they'll get nonsense AI written articles?

Hell, that's probably already started happening. Wouldn't be surprised if some of those fluffy articles you find are just written by ChatGPT or whatever.

Pretty soon the internet is going to be filled with even more bots than it already is. On the plus side, it gives me a reason to just turn off the simulation and go do something real instead, or something that feels real.

AI is likely going to render everything it touches meaningless, and it won't be long before people long for the 'simple' days before it ever even existed in this form. Back when things were fun and we had no idea.
I asked AI what it thought of this for you:

"It's true that the use of AI and bots is growing rapidly in many areas, including social media, customer service, and e-commerce. While they have the potential to bring many benefits, such as increased efficiency and improved user experiences, there are also concerns about their impact on society.

One of the potential negative effects of the increased use of AI and bots is the potential for dehumanization and the loss of personal connections. As AI systems become more advanced, they may be able to mimic human behavior and communication, but they lack the emotional depth and empathy that comes with genuine human interaction. This can lead to a sense of alienation and disconnection for individuals, which may contribute to feelings of meaninglessness and dissatisfaction.

On the other hand, it's important to note that AI and bots are simply tools created by humans, and it's up to us to use them responsibly and in ways that align with our values and goals. As technology continues to advance, it's important to consider the ethical implications of our choices and the potential impact they may have on society.

Ultimately, the impact of AI and bots on our lives and our sense of meaning will depend on how we choose to use and interact with them. While it's natural to feel apprehensive about new technologies, it's important to approach them with an open mind and a willingness to adapt and learn as we navigate the changing digital landscape."

Which I mostly agree with. Meaninglessness is a feeling, but what AI does isn't meaningless. Meaning isn't something as dry as "a person did it". It's what we make of things. And people are already getting something out of AI-generated information. It's been entertaining, assisting and on the rare occasion caring for people for a solid few years now. If anything, AI's capacity to be as chaotic in terms of having good and bad results for the world makes it little different from any other great invention of the past. The attachment to the real and how people handle that is going to be a more prominent element of spiritual growth in the future though that's for sure. It's well and truly leaving the bounds of hypothetical philosophy now.

New Threads

Top Bottom