• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Yeehaw, it's an Aspie/Autie/everybody party,

Mia

V.I.P Member
Somehow I'm celebrating whatever comes to mind. It's sunny and not too cold where I am, so that makes me happy.

So, what would happen at an all along the spectrum party? Here at Aspie central?

There are no rules, you don't have to socialize, write or talk. You don't have to be here if you don't want to, or you could.

I'm going off to play games, but I'll look in to see what happens.

freedomhouseparty.jpg

Last edited:
I would be drinking and wondering whether I'd upset anyone by turning on some music because I like to dance.

I would just stay in the background and watch everyone else have fun while trying to regulate.

youve got to have sensory equipment at this party,big bubble tubes and fibreoptic spaghetti lights,some of those weighted overalls that nurses wear to avoid xrays-i love wearing these,and no fast moving lights,some extra heavy weighted blankets,an interactive dance floor,a adult sized soft play section,booze for those that want it, diet and normal soft drinks for everyone else.
sensory toys everywhere,just basically make it a sensory party,ill be there id buy you a present,probably would be something id like as im not good buying for other people but there you go.

id also make a few rules like no agression/violence towards other people.

Well, after enough total silence amidst a bunch of people standing around precariously holding drinks in their hands, I'd probably try to "break the ice" by suddenly making that noise people make when they laugh out their nose instead of their mouth. No doubt spilling my drink here and there in the process. :p :eek:

But would that break or create all that "AWKWARD" so many of us would be experiencing in real-time ?

Let's just say you probably wouldn't see me in a conga line singing, "Let's Do The Time Warp Again!"

I vote to outlaw conga lines!

Might not be necessary given how many of us may have sensory issues that likely preclude us from grabbing a complete stranger's waist. :p

Then again some kind soul might just begin to dispense laptop computers to us all so we can REALLY talk to each other. Now we can party! :D

Though I suspect there's a handful of you I could hang with and probably get along with quite well. As long as you give me a little time to socially adjust to you in person. I'm ok when I can establish a certain "comfort level" with people. :)

Last edited:
Might not be necessary given how many of us may have sensory issues that likely preclude us from grabbing a complete stranger's waist. :p

Then again some kind soul might just begin to dispense laptop computers to us all so we can REALLY talk to each other. Now we can party! :D
I'd be up for a LAN-party :D

I'd be up for a LAN-party :D

Actually with this crowd I think that would be fun. And in the same room it might actually be an "ice-breaker" for some of us. Enough to be drawn to one another face-to-face before the night is done. :)

I'd like to say that many of us know each other on some level...so that in itself is a little more socially beneficial than dealing with complete strangers. In my case it would make a difference, though it will never make me "the life of the party".

In reality, a traditional "party" for me is something to be endured at best. When I honestly think of me at those parties in my past...well.....I kind of cringe. :eek:

Though I've never actually been to a party that had "my kind of people". :)

Literally. That might make a lot of difference. Who knows? :cool:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom