• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Xbox One S: It's official with 4K for $299

Xenocity

Too WEIRD for the Weird...

That's right the much leaked Xbox One S has been formally unveiled along with the new wireless Xbox One Controller.

The console also features a 4K Blu-ray drive capable of UHDR as well (You need a 4K TV to take advantage of it).

Oh to win over "hardcore" gamers, Xbox One S does not have a port for Kinect 2.0.
You must buy the USB Port to hook up Kinect 2.0 to use it.

500GB Xbox One S is launching later this year for $299 (which makes it the cheapest 4K Blu-ray player and probably being sold at a huge loss).

500GB Xbox One S is launching later this year for $299 (which makes it the cheapest 4K Blu-ray player and probably being sold at a huge loss).

Probably. But the economics of the console wars never fail to amaze me in their ups and downs. I know industry experts have advised both Sony and Microsoft to get out of the business...but they soldier on. Sometimes it looks like a game of chicken.

With Microsoft gambling on Sony eventually going over a fiscal cliff. Sort of like the Cold War. :rolleyes:

Probably. But the economics of the console wars never fail to amaze me in their ups and downs. I know industry experts have advised both Sony and Microsoft to get out of the business...but they soldier on. Sometimes it looks like a game of chicken.

With Microsoft gambling on Sony eventually going over a fiscal cliff. Sort of like the Cold War. :rolleyes:
Well they could make money on consoles, if they built and priced them for profits.
They also spend hundreds of millions of dollars to get 3rd party support on their consoles.

Microsoft is spending ~$400 million to get EA support for Xbox One.

Nintendo on the other hand has made more profit (yes profit) on 3DS and Wii U than Sony has made to date on PS4, PS3, PSP and PSV put together.
Though PS4 is modestly profitable making Sony a few hundred million dollars to date (it's one of 3 of their profitable divisions).

But the main reason why Nintendo doesn't get 3rd party support from most of the major publishers, is due to Nintendo refusing to spend the amount of money Sony and Microsoft spend on them.

It's no big secret Nintendo makes most of the hardware and software profits in gaming.

Well they could make money on consoles, if they built and priced them for profits.
They also spend hundreds of millions of dollars to get 3rd party support on their consoles.

Microsoft is spending ~$400 million to get EA support for Xbox One.

Perspective. Microsoft today acquired LinkedIn for $26 billion. Consoles are like pocket change to them.

Perspective. Microsoft today acquired LinkedIn for $26 billion. Consoles are like pocket change to them.
I know... I don't think LinkedIn is worth it.

Actually Microsoft has lost over $10 Billion and counting on all 3 Xboxes to date.

I know... I don't think LinkedIn is worth it.

Actually Microsoft has lost over $10 Billion and counting on all 3 Xboxes to date.

They want in on social networking any way- or price it takes. Seems like everyone is taking advantage of a technological future envisioned by Larry Ellison.

Except Larry Ellison. o_O

"No bucks, no Buck Rogers."

Last edited:
They want in on social networking any way- or price it takes. Seems like everyone is taking advantage of a technological future envisioned by Larry Ellison.

Except Larry Ellison. o_O
I get that but they paid 50% above market value.

Anyways the point of Xbox is to "win" the living room for Microsoft and to merge console gaming with PC gaming.
Bill gates is behind it and believes "winning" the living room is the future for Windows.
That's why Xbox One is listed as the Ultimate Windows 10 device.

Microsoft will run LinkedIn into the ground too like most other stuff they've bought...

As long as they can remain sufficiently capitalized, they can pretty much do what they want.

They always have...:eek:

Microsoft announced Xbox One Scorpio (mid generation upgrade) and Xbox VR for holiday 2017

Anything that upsets hardcore Sony zealots is all good :D

500 Gig though? Pardon? 2 Terabyte hard drives are dirt cheap now, I got one in January for £49.99 (About $70) from Tesco, and nearly 6 months later I've still only used about 300 Gig of it.

Also, call me tight but why spend probably £3 or 400 on an Xbox S when you then have to probably spend another £500 on a 4K Telly to get the benefit? False economy innit?

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom