• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

WWII RTS/ RTS games in general.

Nachteule

The Wise
Personally, I've had an obsession with a series called "Company of Heroes" since the release in 2006.

I grew up playing strategy games but before I stumbled upon CoH, nothing before that I had played had a fully destructible environment, which to me was a jaw dropping experience to witness. I've always been a very defensive player, and in CoH and CoH 2, that means lots of off map artillery and Flak 88 cannons.

I also extensively play the German side in most WWII games, not just because I adore the panzers and other technology of the Fatherland, but I am also of German heritage, so I almost feel obligated to align with them.

I played the original Starcraft as well when it was released, haven't tucked the sequel though because I really don't care to have an active Blizzard account anymore.

I've always liked RTS games more than FPS or MMORPG's as well, I prefer tactics and quick thinking over just mindless shooting or character grinding, I know everyone has their preference, but that is mine.

Does anyone else here play CoH or Coh 2 at all? If so, maybe we can team up sometime for a few matches.

Last edited:
Have you been to Germany? They're not proud of that era. Modern Germans know their grandparents made serious mistakes.

I certainly don’t seem to remember asking anyone’s opinion on how they think the country feels about it.

Ultimately, I was just asking if anyone played the games and were willing to be a team.

Last edited:
I love strategy games in a general sense, but RTS games.... ehhhh.

Can be interesting to watch sometimes, but I dont touch them myself.

Anyway, I dont think we have many modern PC gamers here on this forum at all. Other than myself, I can only think of a couple, and neither of them really use the site anymore. I find that gaming discussion outside of the big AAA stuff very rarely happens here. Generally if I want gaming discussion I have to go to Steam for that.

As for this bit:

I certainly don’t seem to remember asking anyone’s opinion on how they think the country feels about it.

I guarantee you, comments like that wont help.

If you hang around this site for even a small length of time, you'll find that most of us tend to give our thoughts or opinions utterly regardless of whether it was asked for or not.

It seems to be a very common trait for those on the spectrum. Heck if I know why. I know I sure do it all the time though. Not that I get into conversations much in the first place though. Either way, complaining about it wont put a stop to it. Could get people all riled up though.

Also topics get derailed alot here. Well... that's the entire internet, I guess.

New Threads

Top Bottom