• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wrong switching and right owning

Wolfgangus Faldestolius

Little notes from an armchair
Some big bodies either:

- devalued our attributes to the level of "disorder", or
- denied us what attributes we value in ourselves because we adjusted well

I've known some that were more respectful than that, however.

I can't sing soul or play jazz, but I know how to love what I hear. To marvel at a piece of food someone who had the knack markets, though they don't know it's me eating it. To admire Mondriaan or aviation photography at sunset. To be bowled over by words in philosophy, poetry and etymology.

My gift is to be given to. To say thankyou when there is nobody here. That people had the brainwave to allow me my present means. Those along the way at each period and place, to whom it didn't occur to write me off. The atoms of the universe that caress me, they and I in peril alike.

New Threads

Top Bottom