• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would you trust this eBay seller?

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
eBay seller for £7.99 Spiderman costume.

Normally I don't use anyone who has less than perfect feedback as a rule, but this item is cheaper than a lot of the other items of the same thing on eBay and I'm looking for a Spidey outfit for Christmas fancy dress Parties.

I've had a look at some of the negative feedback they've had and a lot of it's for wrongly sent items or stuff not arriving either in time or at all, I know they're at the mercy of Royal Mail and sometimes things do go "walkies", but should I avoid this seller?

eBay seller for £7.99 Spiderman costume.

Normally I don't use anyone who has less than perfect feedback as a rule, but this item is cheaper than a lot of the other items of the same thing on eBay and I'm looking for a Spidey outfit for Christmas fancy dress Parties.

I've had a look at some of the negative feedback they've had and a lot of it's for wrongly sent items or stuff not arriving either in time or at all, I know they're at the mercy of Royal Mail and sometimes things do go "walkies", but should I avoid this seller?
Really!? Come on, man. Some feedback is mean-spirited and vindictive. If you're going to judge a seller's reputation based on a less than perfect score, you will miss out. You cannot please everyone. Read the comments first. If they read like an ignorant rant, really then they can be discounted altogether. Also, a costume is not something like delicate electronics that were not shipped carefully. Go ahead and buy it. Chances are that you'll get the garment and it will be just fine.

99.8% feedback rating after 363000 transactions over 15 years on ebay is a pretty remarkable achievement if you ask me. That's a bit over 700 negative feedback over 780 weeks. 1 negative feedback for every 466 positive. Few ebay sellers can boast a record as good as that. Unless, as Matt says, there is something particularly suspicious in the comments like a sudden recent spike in negative feedback after a change of ownership, I wouldn't worry.
If you want a Spiderman costume I don't think you'll find much better than £7.99 + £1.99 p&p.

99.8% feedback rating after 363000 transactions over 15 years on ebay is a pretty remarkable achievement if you ask me. That's a bit over 700 negative feedback over 780 weeks. 1 negative feedback for every 466 positive. Few ebay sellers can boast a record as good as that. Unless, as Matt says, there is something particularly suspicious in the comments like a sudden recent spike in negative feedback after a change of ownership, I wouldn't worry.
If you want a Spiderman costume I don't think you'll find much better than £7.99 + £1.99 p&p.

I see your point but I just can't justify spending nearly a tenner (with postage on the 8 quid) when the transaction MIGHT go Pear shaped.

In a 1 in 466 chance? That's pretty good odds to a gambler you know ;) There aren't many ebay sellers with a spotless record, and as has been pointed out already, a lot of negative feedback is left before the seller has had a chance to resolve the problem.
Don't forget that the law is on your side - Distance Selling regs in the UK dictate that if anything doesn't turn up or arrives unfit for purpose vendors are obliged to rectify it, plus you have ebay and paypal protection on top.
I've had a few things go pear shaped before - only last week I had a glass screen protector for my new phone turn up broken. I sent a pic to the seller who sent me a quick message saying they'd sort it and then TWO turned up a couple of days later.

Looks reliable to me. With a mass volume seller there's always the risk of them making a mistake. But those seem few and far between. I would buy without hesitation. Unless I found someone else I liked better for whatever reason.

In a 1 in 466 chance? That's pretty good odds to a gambler you know ;) There aren't many ebay sellers with a spotless record, and as has been pointed out already, a lot of negative feedback is left before the seller has had a chance to resolve the problem.
Don't forget that the law is on your side - Distance Selling regs in the UK dictate that if anything doesn't turn up or arrives unfit for purpose vendors are obliged to rectify it, plus you have ebay and paypal protection on top.
I've had a few things go pear shaped before - only last week I had a glass screen protector for my new phone turn up broken. I sent a pic to the seller who sent me a quick message saying they'd sort it and then TWO turned up a couple of days later.

Hmm, I might have a punt on it then.

About as good as it gets. Skimmed through negative feedback and it's mostly nonsense. Seller making a mistake and making it up to the person but still leaving negative feedback, or people expecting 100 pound costume for 10 pounds.

The quality is crap for that price, but I'm assuming you are expecting that already.

star-14.gif
)
99.8% Positive Feedback

There probably isn't a single seller on ebay who is going to have 100% at 363,621 transactions. No matter what you do as a seller once you've amassed that many transactions there will people who will be dissatisfied at some point. Whether the error is on your part or theirs.

You have nothing to worry about.

I bought the Spiderman suit, should be delivered beginning of next week they said.

Just as ab aside, I have 100% positive on my eBay account, because as soon as I buy anything I pay straight away, I did get a "neutral" rating a few years back from a disgruntled buyer who didn't like that I had to charge him a bit more postage than I originally did.

Last edited:
Seems viable, between both the retailer's ratings and the advertised normal cost of the item in question.

If you consider the normal cost of the item by the retailer, it falls in line with a comparable product sold by Walmart near that price noting the currency difference. Where comments about the costume seem relatively favorable even at a low price.

The end of the year and past Halloween, always possible too of a retailer wanting to reduce his inventory. What better way to do it than cut the price in half?

Last edited:
I look to feedback for two month''s before and if there is a decline in negative feedback, then to me, they are listening to customers and I give them a chance.

You also have to consider unfair feedback. Ones who just say negative things for the heck of it.

I would buy off them, due to nearly 100% feedback. But hey, please don't accuse us if it goes wrong.

New Threads

Top Bottom