• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Would I be aspie?

Would I be aspie?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good chance to be

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Malakazam

Well, maybe it gets a bit big because I'm usually a detail-taker when I document something, but I'll try to skip some parts.

Update: it was extensive so I separated some, you can skip some parts but you will lose some possibly useful details.

I suspect that I belong to the spectrum but I am skeptical and I like to check the falsifiability (besides being annoying to label).

I- Childhood

As a kid, I always remember playing with roommates at halftime but at the same time I was being quiet and introverted, the people I played with were always the same ones, which became my friends during my school life (with few changes in the group, such as some that were probably my fault for being egocentric, was very enthusiastic about talking things that interested me to the detriment of letting others talk). In my private life in gaining some collections of encyclopedias (with 5 or 6 years) I became very interested in the contents, in particular by Greek mythology (despite), in a certain time by the unit of atlas of one of the collections, by the passages about animals, etc ... Since that time I used fancy words as if it were a necessity of mine, I clearly heard the voices of everyone in the classroom as if they were ghosts in my head as if I had greater hearing sensitivity, I started to be interested in games and I became the stereotype of the nerd student, my best friend at the time (7 ~ 10 years old) also liked that made me have someone to talk to about a possible hyperfocus mine. My current best friend comes from Japan (11 years old) and my "hyperfocus" may have become him, he introduced me to the pokemon I fell in love with, I do not know if there is anyone here who already got addicted to pokemon, know all the evolutions , all forms of evolve, all the blows, power of the blows, IV and EV, chance of status, etc. I think it was the biggest hyperfocus I ever had (if it really is hyperfocus).

II- Adolescence-Youth

The Pokémon continued to be a part of it for a long time, I started to get more introspective, I only spoke with my 4 friends basically in high school. It was a regular period, my friends should be accustomed to my eccentricity (although they did not take too much of what I said sincerely, perhaps because I loved telling fictional stories that I created in my mind), I always listened to the same songs over and over again, arriving to decorate the order of the playlist and the albums. In the last year I did a public internship where I had to deal with many people (maybe hundreds), I was transferred to another area where I worked really well, as a receptionist, I was terrible at dealing with people, calling them, shouting ... more in the organizational part of filing I was better than any of the people who worked with me.
I graduated from high school and I spent a year doing nothing so to speak because I did not go on the course that I would like in a university, my biggest mistakes were in language which was repeated in many other exams (because in my case it is impossible to understand many mainly lyrical texts that are ambiguous and a roof is not a roof for example). I got another internship, this time it was a mixture of course to finally intern in the company in fact, it was during this course that I realized that I did not fit in with other people, I did not understand why they were so complicated, why they did such things I was in situations of selective mutes, but at the same time I felt good alone, used people only as tools for teamwork that were mandatory, maybe I'm in love with a girl (but it's strange, it's like her face is that of a shiny star, with a unique brilliance but I can not touch or even make eye contact), I can not make eye contact with close friends and I could not express what I felt for her but at the same time I believe that anyone has noticed you know ... At that time I was also totally naive, unable to understand the insinuations of others or when it was a lie of the type: is to do X thing and I believed. I also could not stand liars who spoke of others. I was often accused of being rude just by saying something that was totally rational to me, or to be honest, other times people laughed at me for saying something that was normal for me, I would say in the monotonous tone of my voice (which I can only undo when I'm talking about something I like with someone I like or alone), I remember when this girl asked me something I do not remember what it was and with my answer she said that I was so full and I kept thinking about it without understanding.

III-Currently

Anyway, I can not express my reasonings orally but in written form I go too far, besides always rambling haha, I wrote in biography format
because I'm not good at describing my feelings but I love to approach in a logical way with some structure (even though I do not have it here), I'm currently attending a college and I'm encountering the same problems in associating with others, and I'm becoming more and more stay alone, with my interests (my only social link now is Magic: The Gathering which should be my current hyperfocus, ah and asperger also paradoxically).

The question is: did one of those tests (in fact I did twice, one at the end of last year and another this week and they were similar although this time I put some things as unspecified) and I would like to know your opinion about the possibility of being too comprehensive, vague, for example, a person with another problem also respond to the test and coincidentally result as neuro diverse, do you think it would need greater falsifiability? The problem is also because it is a spectrum that makes certain characteristics to be relative. I'm in the diagnostic phase but I do not trust the psychological method, I wish there was a more objective method, but anyway ...

poly10a.png

If you really want or need a diagnosis then you should see a qualified professional.
I can't reliably tell you anything based on just your ramble and I'm not going to guess.
P.S. Welcome. :)

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Yes, we can't tell you if you're on the Spectrum or not you'd have to go see a Medical Professional to get an official diagnosis.

@Malakazam that's a long post, hard to slice through. We'd be happy to help out in any way, but try to condense into a thread summary.

I'll say this much:
  • You can look up quizzes online for selfie diagnosis and respond to their generic questions.
  • Even a formal assessment may or may not reflect you accurately. It'd only be worth doing a formal diagnosis if it's for financial gain (disability pay)
  • You may have some characteristics or behaviours of an Aspie. If you would like to work on those challenges in life, focus on those and discuss here. Here you have a community that won't judge you. Heck, Aspies are as heterogeneous as the general population, so we come in all shapes and forms.
On this forum, I feel that I can discuss the Aspie in me and relate to others who may have similar challenges, and even give feedback to those who are going through their own challenges. Find yourself at home here.

Oh em gee, your username is similar to the name of someone I love very much and now my brain is getting confuzzled and loving you. :eek:

Hi welcome! Nobody here can diagnose you unfortunately, you'll have to go to the "professionals" for that one. Sorry.

Sadly, l do not hold a MD or PhD in anything except coffee and donuts, l have done years of research of those two things at the same time, but sadly nobody has paid me a cent for my research. l will die relatively unknown, and my research is totally useless.

Given those qualifications or void of any qualifications, l suggest that you seem to question your social interaction in general, which leaves you scratching your head and staying alone. l guess you need to ask if you find happiness in being alone, are you depressed or just perturbed about your social interactions? Can you read the posts here? l feel at home and relate to many of the posts here. Welcome and feel free here..

Sadly, l do not hold a MD or PhD in anything except coffee and donuts, l have done years of research of those two things at the same time, but sadly nobody has paid me a cent for my research. l will die relatively unknown, and my research is totally useless.

Given those qualifications or void of any qualifications, l suggest that you seem to question your social interaction in general, which leaves you scratching your head and staying alone. l guess you need to ask if you find happiness in being alone, are you depressed or just perturbed about your social interactions? Can you read the posts here? l feel at home and relate to many of the posts here. Welcome and feel free here..

New Threads

Top Bottom