• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

World-Visualization Talk #4: That Time I Decided To Visualize Life As An Isekai Anime, Kinda Like A

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Alternate Title: Thank You All For Not Thinking I'm Crazy, Again

So

Recently i've had a serious interest in "isekai" anime. For those who don't know what i'm talking about, "isekai" means "another world/dimension", and it mainly involves somebody in reality dying and coming back as [insert innocuous and probably defenseless species here], or just simply waking up, in another world, and gaining access to a mind-based interface which is set up to look like part of a roleplaying game, e.g. vital signs are simply measured as HP/MP, learning new things is done by gaining EXP, natural talents and latent abilities are "skills" etc. You get the idea.

In my quest to find the perfect and safest way to visualize Earth, I have decided that, in order to please my autistic mind and retain my own sanity, I must visualize the world as if I have indeed died somewhere and come back as a slime/superpowered spider/guy with a magic phone/magic pharmacist.

Why am I doing this? It's simple, really...

Because I can't comprehend or understand anything any other way...

You may be wondering just what do i mean by that. Again the answer is simple; when you see the world through "vanilla" visualization (read: you just see the world as the world and don't put any fancy filters on it), all you see is just... Well, what's already there. Sure, your brain knows what it knows, and can always find out more, but...*my* brain is WAAAAAY different than that.

For as long as i can remember i've always been able to see, how do i describe it... "Inside the inside" of things. I can study something long enough to see floating numbers and arithmetics meandering about within it, eventually becoming assembly code which then becomes computer code which my brain SOMEHOW in SOME WAY comprehends as "literally any other way to think about things"; to everyone else it's alien gibberish, to me it's just the real world presenting itself in a way I can best understand it.

You may or may not recall a post i made about an imaginary interface I created called "Kumoku OS", which I modelled after TTIGRI'DAAS (That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime), namely, the "Great Sage" system that Rimuru uses to get by and survive.

Much in the same way Rimuru sees a JRPG game's UI on LITERALLY EVERYTHING, I see the world the same way. Taurine from a Bang energy drink becomes a buff called "Speed Thinker", a flow state entered while playing an intense game is the activation of a skill called "Overclock", my pockets are my Inventory, my knowledge of real magick and psionics is a Mage character build... See where i'm going with this?

This is awesome, which is a positive thing. Now, i don't really see a negative part to this, but there is one thing i've noticed about Kumoku OS...

I can't seem to turn it off or temporarily disable it. I think IT HAS LITERALLY BECOME A REAL THING.

Call it a delusion, call me having finally snapped... Whatever you want, honestly, i don't blame you for thinking so, if you do, and with that i express that there are no hard feelings. If i could take pictures of this thing i would, but it's only in my mind's eye, so...

But now that I can't disable this, I have no choice but to view everything as "part real life, part JRPG system". Which, I'm not saddened by this at all, it's awesome! I'm glad I learned how to do this long enough for it to become a permanent part of me! I do have enough common sense not to make it audible or publicly visible, though, so you can see I'm still very of sound mind.

But I have to wonder;

Are there others here, or somewhere else, that have done this already? Or am I REALLY the only one viewing life as an Isekai?

Could it even be, maybe just maybe, through some unknown premonition of life's rules of nature, that we all do indeed have our own Great Sage/Kumoku OS?

Yes. We do all sorta operate on codes. I have internal codes that help me deal with the younger part of my life. I think l struggle with things that aren't black and white. I need the world in an orderly fashion then l understand it. It's the gray that is handed to us in life that we can't comprehend and some of us here do need meds to function. I have ventured more into the gray areas that occupy my life and realise you just have to continue being yourself - your code is be true to yourself then you won't feel like bad code. When you are in a loop, reboot☺
When in doubt, revert to DOS. Lol

Last edited:
In some ways I am like that. My picture of the world is based on historical, religious, and sci-fi studies. It helps me process and describe certain thoughts, visions, and perceptions. As I have repeatedly discovered no human mind link network.

Oddly enough Uberscout I think parts of life do mirror Iskeai anime.

Alternate Title: Thank You All For Not Thinking I'm Crazy, Again

So

Recently i've had a serious interest in "isekai" anime. For those who don't know what i'm talking about, "isekai" means "another world/dimension", and it mainly involves somebody in reality dying and coming back as [insert innocuous and probably defenseless species here], or just simply waking up, in another world, and gaining access to a mind-based interface which is set up to look like part of a roleplaying game, e.g. vital signs are simply measured as HP/MP, learning new things is done by gaining EXP, natural talents and latent abilities are "skills" etc. You get the idea.

In my quest to find the perfect and safest way to visualize Earth, I have decided that, in order to please my autistic mind and retain my own sanity, I must visualize the world as if I have indeed died somewhere and come back as a slime/superpowered spider/guy with a magic phone/magic pharmacist.

Why am I doing this? It's simple, really...

Because I can't comprehend or understand anything any other way...

You may be wondering just what do i mean by that. Again the answer is simple; when you see the world through "vanilla" visualization (read: you just see the world as the world and don't put any fancy filters on it), all you see is just... Well, what's already there. Sure, your brain knows what it knows, and can always find out more, but...*my* brain is WAAAAAY different than that.

For as long as i can remember i've always been able to see, how do i describe it... "Inside the inside" of things. I can study something long enough to see floating numbers and arithmetics meandering about within it, eventually becoming assembly code which then becomes computer code which my brain SOMEHOW in SOME WAY comprehends as "literally any other way to think about things"; to everyone else it's alien gibberish, to me it's just the real world presenting itself in a way I can best understand it.

You may or may not recall a post i made about an imaginary interface I created called "Kumoku OS", which I modelled after TTIGRI'DAAS (That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime), namely, the "Great Sage" system that Rimuru uses to get by and survive.

Much in the same way Rimuru sees a JRPG game's UI on LITERALLY EVERYTHING, I see the world the same way. Taurine from a Bang energy drink becomes a buff called "Speed Thinker", a flow state entered while playing an intense game is the activation of a skill called "Overclock", my pockets are my Inventory, my knowledge of real magick and psionics is a Mage character build... See where i'm going with this?

This is awesome, which is a positive thing. Now, i don't really see a negative part to this, but there is one thing i've noticed about Kumoku OS...

I can't seem to turn it off or temporarily disable it. I think IT HAS LITERALLY BECOME A REAL THING.

Call it a delusion, call me having finally snapped... Whatever you want, honestly, i don't blame you for thinking so, if you do, and with that i express that there are no hard feelings. If i could take pictures of this thing i would, but it's only in my mind's eye, so...

But now that I can't disable this, I have no choice but to view everything as "part real life, part JRPG system". Which, I'm not saddened by this at all, it's awesome! I'm glad I learned how to do this long enough for it to become a permanent part of me! I do have enough common sense not to make it audible or publicly visible, though, so you can see I'm still very of sound mind.

But I have to wonder;

Are there others here, or somewhere else, that have done this already? Or am I REALLY the only one viewing life as an Isekai?

Could it even be, maybe just maybe, through some unknown premonition of life's rules of nature, that we all do indeed have our own Great Sage/Kumoku OS?
Oh God. That explains it.

I came back as Subaru without the return by death trick or a harem of interesting girls.

It's always comforting to know there are others who think like I do :)

New Threads

Top Bottom