• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Work - next steps

Hi, I have got to a conclusion on my diagram explaining my underlying condition (adhd/ aspie) and there is a general acceptance from professionals, family, friends of the attributes which determine who I am in relation to this prognosis.

Now, for me at least I believe it is time for action, to reach self-actualisation in fact, and maybe to dip in and out of happiness through acceptance, environment and my unique skills.

What do I do next ? I mean, I am very technical, got a good CV as its a late diagnosis and only 2 months out of working, but what I do not want to do is upset the good work and dive into an environment which is stressful and causes me some of the old behaviours (acting out, running away, isolation etc.)

Any tips at all, especially from anybody who faced similar circumstances?

Can't reply properly now but I will later. There's lots that can be done with a willing employer :)

Ok thanks. I am working towards a new role. Whilst in the past i am great on interviews i am constantly fighting my desire to tell 100% of the truth rather than sell myself.
I need also to know whether to talk about this condition or just give hints or leave it alone.
This is all very stressful and if i am honest i may as well go back and be alone in a room and forget about it as there is too much unecessary stuff to think about.

New Threads

Top Bottom