• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Words of Encouragement

Rae Ray

V.I.P Member
Everybody here that I have met so far has been an inspiration to me. Seeing how everyone is being a resource to each other. This enables me to continue to press forward so maybe one day I can be a resource and make a difference too.
Don't tell me we have to scale back on our dreams. I'm sure there's a lot of people here beating the odds and have no plans of quitting.
Some of the accomplishments I've read about in here so far are people going to college and some even going to earn their Masters' degree. This is most impressive to me.
So, I'm keeping an eye out for people as I scroll through this social feed. I'm seeing a lot of individuals here realizing their dreams. :D Thanks Guys

Last edited:
Everybody here that I have met so far has been an inspiration to me. Seeing how everyone is being resources to each other. This enables me to continue to press forward so maybe one day I can be a resource and make a difference too. Don't tell me we have to scale back on our dreams. I'm sure there's a lot of people here beating the odds and have no plans of quitting.
Some of the accomplishments I've read about in here so far are people going to college and some even going to earn their Masters' degree. This is most impressive to me.
So, I'm keeping an eye out for people as I scroll through this social feed. I'm seeing a lot of individuals here realizing their dreams. :D Thanks Guys

Thanks for the kind words (about all of us?), but I'm still not famous yet :p But, yes, have dreams, and keep going for them, I can learn to do that far better...

This place has been a blessing to me since my late in life diagnosis.

I've lived a pretty simple life, but, I did achieve several degrees and found a career in medicine and
modeling. Later in life I became interested in metaphysics and got an associates degree in that so
I could do some teaching which I enjoyed.

Most of my contentment was due to loving, supportive parents.
Sure there were some rough times due to emotional issues, physical problems and some ASD
related things, but, not much.

It has just gotten more difficult now that I am older and have no living family.
Physical issues that come with age makes life not so easy now.

This place has been a blessing to me since my late in life diagnosis.

I've lived a pretty simple life, but, I did achieve several degrees and found a career in medicine and
modeling. Later in life I became interested in metaphysics and got an associates degree in that so
I could do some teaching which I enjoyed.

Most of my contentment was due to loving, supportive parents.
Sure there were some rough times due to emotional issues, physical problems and some ASD
related things, but, not much.

It has just gotten more difficult now that I am older and have no living family.
Physical issues that come with age makes life not so easy now.

about same here

My partner was rather blunt with me the other day when I spoke about my dislike of every job I've worked and my desire to keep pursuing my dream of making a living off my art and photography.

She said - "most people hate their jobs and have given up on their dreams. It's natural - you're just stubborn in refusing to give up on your dreams."

Personally, I found her tone to be rather defeatist, and yet - I find it's only driving me harder to get more sales and continue to be creative. She does sometimes get annoyed I confide in friends and forums than I do with her - but it's because her advice is always of a similar tone. Whilst we get on very well, I know that when it comes to soul searching and working things out, there are better ears out there to listen, and calmer minds to respond.

I'm not content to accept an office job is all I could amount to. I need to be my own boss and fulfil my own dreams, because nobody else is going to do it on my behalf. Being my own boss was the biggest worry, but each year I'm getting closer and gaining more knowledge along the way.

I got some great feedback today on a recent sale of my first limited edition print of a photo I took. It has inspired me to keep pushing.

It's these moments - where I achieve something that's in line with where I want to be in life. They feel better than any achievement, or hard days work in these office jobs. In fact, the only worthwhile act I feel like I've done in this job is that day I took an injured fledgling to the vets - and that action was completely unrelated to this job.

Ed

My partner was rather blunt with me the other day when I spoke about my dislike of every job I've worked and my desire to keep pursuing my dream of making a living off my art and photography.

She said - "most people hate their jobs and have given up on their dreams. It's natural - you're just stubborn in refusing to give up on your dreams."

Personally, I found her tone to be rather defeatist, and yet - I find it's only driving me harder to get more sales and continue to be creative. She does sometimes get annoyed I confide in friends and forums than I do with her - but it's because her advice is always of a similar tone. Whilst we get on very well, I know that when it comes to soul searching and working things out, there are better ears out there to listen, and calmer minds to respond.

I'm not content to accept an office job is all I could amount to. I need to be my own boss and fulfil my own dreams, because nobody else is going to do it on my behalf. Being my own boss was the biggest worry, but each year I'm getting closer and gaining more knowledge along the way.

I got some great feedback today on a recent sale of my first limited edition print of a photo I took. It has inspired me to keep pushing.

It's these moments - where I achieve something that's in line with where I want to be in life. They feel better than any achievement, or hard days work in these office jobs. In fact, the only worthwhile act I feel like I've done in this job is that day I took an injured fledgling to the vets - and that action was completely unrelated to this job.

Ed

Yeah, i couldn't imagine giving up on my dreams. i'm livin' in em as we speak !

Ed

I hear you... I've have pretty much decided that I don't want my hobby (semi-pro photographer) to be my main income, but that is more of a personal choice... I continue to enjoy photography as a recreation, although since January when I was laid off I have gone out virtually every day to take photos, only because I have had the time to do it... I do want to get back into a job again, and am trying to look for one now...

Personally I think photography and art would be extra income. The dream is full time - but if I'm being realistic, if I could earn enough from what I create to hold down a part time job (so my bills are paid each month) then I'd be happy with that.

Going from 5 days a week in an office, to maybe a weekend job would suit me down to the ground. I just need more time to focus on my passion and talents, rather than spend the majority of each week in a rather soul destroying job which I'd never consider my career or chosen path in life.

Ed

Hi. This place changed my life. I was depressed not knowing what to do with my life. After someone suggested me to teach kids on the spectrum it has become my goal and something that keeps me very motivated. I am now a very open person with a huge curiosity and always happy to learn from others and from life. From time to time I get sad, as everyone, but I won't ever be that pessimistic, isolated person anymore.
I'm happy to hear this place has helped many and I believe it will continue doing so.

I hear you... I've have pretty much decided that I don't want my hobby (semi-pro photographer) to be my main income, but that is more of a personal choice... I continue to enjoy photography as a recreation, although since January when I was laid off I have gone out virtually every day to take photos, only because I have had the time to do it... I do want to get back into a job again, and am trying to look for one now...

the key to my success is i use my autism to my advantage and do things no one else can do. muuwaahahaha

Hi. This place changed my life. I was depressed not knowing what to do with my life. After someone suggested me to teach kids on the spectrum it has become my goal and something that keeps me very motivated. I am now a very open person with a huge curiosity and always happy to learn from others and from life. From time to time I get sad, as everyone, but I won't ever be that pessimistic, isolated person anymore.
I'm happy to hear this place has helped many and I believe it will continue doing so.

Most nt's only have 2 to 3 "real" friends so we're not missing out for real. I think what your sayin' is super cool !!!

New Threads

Top Bottom