• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wordplay – Love It or Hate It?

Wordplay – Love It or Hate It?

• Love it!

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wadorama

V.I.P Member
Overexposed self-deprecating noob here again. My experience has been that where one comes down on this issue is visceral with virtually no middle ground. I have seen no discernable pattern between the opposing reactions to it (gotta find that pattern…). So I challenge you to choose your side and defend your choice. ;o)

As for me I instinctively shake out letters, words and phrases on my mental table like Yahtzee dice and then rearrange them like Scrabble tiles. Can’t help myself and wouldn’t if I could.

Overexposed self-deprecating noob here again. My experience has been that where one comes down on this issue is visceral with virtually no middle ground. I have seen no discernable pattern between the opposing reactions to it (gotta find that pattern…). So I challenge you to choose your side and defend your choice. ;o)

As for me I instinctively shake out letters, words and phrases on my mental table like Yahtzee dice and then rearrange them like Scrabble tiles. Can’t help myself and wouldn’t if I could.
I like it and don't like it , I suffer from IBS which has two sides, constipation or diarrhoea, even my digestive tract likes and doesn't like things

My only problem is remembering when to stop playing with words. And, yes, that included work (oops!).

Oddly enough, it shows that I was focused on what was being said; when I don't come up with a pun (whether it's good and/or clever is another matter), there are much greater chances that the conversation flew over my head than when I come up with one (ok, or more). But I suppose my constant need to be pun-tastic can elicit a visceral, adverse reaction among some people.

I think Canadians prefer wordplay when compared to Americans, but still less so than much of the world. But it shows - we had a long-running game show that was similar to Wheel of Fortune but with every puzzle category being "Pun".

I watch the first intermission of Hockey Night in Canada entirely to see what kind of pun Ron MacLean will make at the end of Coach's Corner...and to see if it's one of the rare occasions that Don Cherry gets the joke.

And let's not forget Wayne and Shuster. (Everyone younger than me, including Canadians: who?)

New Threads

Top Bottom