• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Wondering if I can meet others and be of use

William Weiler

Ad Astra
I live in Silicon Valley and work as an EE. I have friends and am popular at work. It has been a long journey and I have learned a lot. The best is yet to come. My high empathy has helped a lot. I have what I call a "curiosity problem" where I have collected a huge amount of knowledge from many fields (not an expert in any particular one). I exciting to talk about what I am currently learning, but end up offending others by telling the truth. I have a good sense of humor. I think this is a good introduction.

Hi there! I also love collecting information and pride myself on knowing a little something about many topics. Its a trait I enjoy very much. My family finds it amusing that I will go and do a quick deep dive on any topics I encounter on a given day.
My point: welcome, many of us share many of your traits or can relate! Enjoy the forum.

I consider myself to be an amateur historian in a few areas (ie. collecting information)

I know lots about obscure European car makes from the 1950's and 1960's :) and I will probably see hardly any of them...

My interest is oblique. My cousin mentioned a Ford Euro Celebrity and I told him I wanted one. He was surprised I knew what that was. I was interested in the Beetle and it's origins, concept and early production. The boxer engine (flat four) used as a rear engine in the Beetle (also modern Porsche 911). A 911 has terminal oversteer because of the weight in the back. If someone steals one, they usually crash it that way. Also, WWII motorcycles. Oh Fiat, I love Fiat. I had a Bertone X19 when I was 27. I looooved that car. The Italian engine would sing. Oh yeah, you made me remember! It was Targa (convertible). I would play Mozart eine kleine nachtmusik and fly around Ithaca in Upstate NY. Ha Ha.

Last edited:
Ah, the old curiosity problem! I usually describe my ridiculously broad range of interest as a blessing and a curse. Mostly a blessing, but some people think I’m fickle because I don’t just stick to one or two interests. Silly people. A recent family trivia night decisively proved the upside of my curiosity though ;)

Anyway, welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Hello & welcome...
I would play Mozart eine kleine nachtmusik...
full
(I hope you didn't forget the Grey Poupon... :p)

I never tire of learning. Always curious.
My special interests though are medical arts, general science, rocks, crystals, space, paranormal and philosophy.
Can't get enough of nature connecting also.

Welcome and there's always topics of interest to discuss. :D

My interest is oblique. My cousin mentioned a Ford Euro Celebrity and I told him I wanted one. He was surprised I knew what that was. I was interested in the Beetle and it's origins, concept and early production. The boxer engine (flat four) used as a rear engine in the Beetle (also modern Porsche 911). A 911 has terminal oversteer because of the weight in the back. If someone steals one, they usually crash it that way. Also, WWII motorcycles. Oh Fiat, I love Fiat. I had a Bertone X19 when I was 27. I looooved that car. The Italian engine would sing. Oh yeah, you made me remember! It was Targa (convertible). I would play Mozart eine kleine nachtmusik and fly around Ithaca in Upstate NY. Ha Ha.

I would love to own a Ford Cortina Mk 2 some day, and I once lusted for a Triumph 2000 Mk 1 sedan, there was one for sale about 18 years ago here in Calgary, I didn't really have the money but thought about it, ditto a Vauxhall Victor FB station wagon around the same time

Yes I have strange taste... :) At present I don't have enough money to buy anything except my daily driver car that I already own... :(

I live in Silicon Valley and work as an EE. I have friends and am popular at work. It has been a long journey and I have learned a lot. The best is yet to come. My high empathy has helped a lot. I have what I call a "curiosity problem" where I have collected a huge amount of knowledge from many fields (not an expert in any particular one). I exciting to talk about what I am currently learning, but end up offending others by telling the truth. I have a good sense of humor. I think this is a good introduction.
Interested why you didn't use per ardua in front of the ad astra

New Threads

Top Bottom